Bob Baker's The Buzz Factor
Music marketing tips and self-promotion ideas for independent songwriters, musicians and bands.
Music marketing ideas for DIY artists, managers, promoters and music biz pros
March 25, 2005
Promote Your Music with a Blog
Journalist and musician Grant Shellen has written a nice primer on how to use blogs to promote your music. If you can look past the cheesy song title spoof subheads, there's some good advice on blogging to build a fan base.
"You might want to have a place to write about your experiences touring, recording or simply living. Fans can see what it's like to be you, hearing about your experience at a post-show party in Atlanta, a plush studio in Manhattan or the sofa in your living room. Each band member can have his or her own journal page or at least alternate contributing to a centralized one ..."
"If you're on tour, or just take interesting pictures, photography can be a nice element to include. Whether you include shots of yourself on stage or photos of things you see when out and about, readers will surely wish they were wherever you are."
Smart stuff you should consider doing to promote yourself online.
Get more tips like these when you subscribe to my free Buzz Factor ezine — the longest running music career tips email newsletter on the planet. Since 1995. Learn more about the free subscription here.
Your email address will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Connect with Bob on Google+
FREE Music Tips Ezine
- Get Bob's Free Music Marketing Tips by Email. Find out more.
What About Bob?
Bob Baker is an author, speaker, teacher, indie musician and former music magazine editor dedicated to showing musicians of all kinds how to get exposure, connect with fans, sell more music, and increase their incomes.
Guerrilla Music Marketing Online
129 Free & Low-Cost Ways to Promote & Sell Your Music on the Internet
Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook:
201 Self-Promotion Ideas for Song-
writers, Musicians and Bands on a Budget
- Killer Music Press Kits
- Guerrilla Music Marketing, Encore Edition
- Killer Music Web Sites
- DIY Music Marketing for the Serious Musician
- How to Tap Into NACA and the Lucrative College Music Market
- Online Music PR Hot List
- How to Use Video to Promote Your Music Online
- 55 Ways to Promote & Sell Your Book on the Internet
- How to Publish Your Own Indie Book
- Unleash the Artist Within
Connect with Bob on
- The Musician's Profit & Loss Friend
- What Is Podcasting?
- Nationwide Exposure Without a Record Label
- Self-Help Music Promotion Tips
- Free E-zine Audio Class from the Queen
- Two Tips for Commercial Radio Airplay
- 14 Qualities of Successful Musicians
- The Resurrection of Indie Radio
- Why You Need to Get Off the Fast-Track Mentality
- 5 Big Music Web Site Mistakes
Favorite Music Blogs
- DIY Musician
- Music Think Tank
- David Hooper
- Ariel Hyatt
- Derek Sivers
- Brian Thompson
- Michael Brandvold
- Artists House Music
- Bob Lefsetz
Copyright 2004-2013 Bob Baker