Bob Baker's The Buzz Factor
Music marketing tips and self-promotion ideas for independent songwriters, musicians and bands.
Music marketing ideas for DIY artists, managers, promoters and music biz pros
April 14, 2005
Groovy Judy Is Far Out, Solid & Right On
A recent issue of her fan e-zine starts off with the heading ...
"The Groove News -- the hip happenings of Groovy Judy and her funky band."
Then she opens with ...
"Greetings and Happy Spring! If this is your first time receiving the Groove News, welcome!
"My goal as an artist is to spread positive vibes through my music and performances, as well as inspire people to be the best they can be. The songs I write are about relationships, social issues, love, peace, and enjoying life to the fullest."
If Judy were right in front of me, I'd plant a big kiss right on her groovy cheek. Why? Because she gets it. Those opening lines spell out who she is and what she does for newcomers, while also reminding more familiar fans that she is still there cranking out the good vibes for them.
Head to www.groovyjudy.com and subscribe to her e-mail list. Then watch and learn from someone who gets it and isn't just funkin' around.
Get more tips like these when you subscribe to my free Buzz Factor ezine — the longest running music career tips email newsletter on the planet. Since 1995. Learn more about the free subscription here.
Your email address will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Connect with Bob on Google+
FREE Music Tips Ezine
- Get Bob's Free Music Marketing Tips by Email. Find out more.
What About Bob?
Bob Baker is an author, speaker, teacher, indie musician and former music magazine editor dedicated to showing musicians of all kinds how to get exposure, connect with fans, sell more music, and increase their incomes.
Guerrilla Music Marketing Online
129 Free & Low-Cost Ways to Promote & Sell Your Music on the Internet
Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook:
201 Self-Promotion Ideas for Song-
writers, Musicians and Bands on a Budget
- Killer Music Press Kits
- Guerrilla Music Marketing, Encore Edition
- Killer Music Web Sites
- DIY Music Marketing for the Serious Musician
- How to Tap Into NACA and the Lucrative College Music Market
- Online Music PR Hot List
- How to Use Video to Promote Your Music Online
- 55 Ways to Promote & Sell Your Book on the Internet
- How to Publish Your Own Indie Book
- Unleash the Artist Within
Connect with Bob on
- New Artist Empowerment Podcast
- Marketing Lessons from an 8-Year-Old
- Free Radio Commercials for Bands
- Your #1 Success Tool: Choose Your Thoughts Wisely
- Mark Cuban on RIAA Sales Figures
- Promote Your Music with a Blog
- The Musician's Profit & Loss Friend
- What Is Podcasting?
- Nationwide Exposure Without a Record Label
- Self-Help Music Promotion Tips
Favorite Music Blogs
- DIY Musician
- Music Think Tank
- David Hooper
- Ariel Hyatt
- Derek Sivers
- Brian Thompson
- Michael Brandvold
- Artists House Music
- Bob Lefsetz
Copyright 2004-2013 Bob Baker