Bob Baker's The Buzz Factor
Music marketing tips and self-promotion ideas for independent songwriters, musicians and bands.
Music marketing ideas for DIY artists, managers, promoters and music biz pros
September 07, 2005
Make Money Selling Digital Downloads
Perhaps you've already signed up for CD Baby's Digital Distribution deal, which makes the songs you select available at the biggest online sellers, such as Apple iTunes, Rhapsody, Napster, MSN Music, AOL's MusicNet, Yahoo MusicMatch, Sony Connect, MP3tunes, etc.
But there are a number of smaller sites popping up that offer music downloads for sale to the public and encourage indie artists to join them. Here are some that I found. Inclusion on this list does not imply an endorsement. In fact, I encourage you to leave comments on your experiences with these and other download sites and services.
And here are a couple of sites that can help you set up your own secure download sales system on your web site.
Your turn. What's worked and not worked for you? Just click Comments and start posting.
Get more tips like these when you subscribe to my free Buzz Factor ezine — the longest running music career tips email newsletter on the planet. Since 1995. Learn more about the free subscription here.
Your email address will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Connect with Bob on Google+
FREE Music Tips Ezine
- Get Bob's Free Music Marketing Tips by Email. Find out more.
What About Bob?
Bob Baker is an author, speaker, teacher, indie musician and former music magazine editor dedicated to showing musicians of all kinds how to get exposure, connect with fans, sell more music, and increase their incomes.
Guerrilla Music Marketing Online
129 Free & Low-Cost Ways to Promote & Sell Your Music on the Internet
Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook:
201 Self-Promotion Ideas for Song-
writers, Musicians and Bands on a Budget
- Killer Music Press Kits
- Guerrilla Music Marketing, Encore Edition
- Killer Music Web Sites
- DIY Music Marketing for the Serious Musician
- How to Tap Into NACA and the Lucrative College Music Market
- Online Music PR Hot List
- How to Use Video to Promote Your Music Online
- 55 Ways to Promote & Sell Your Book on the Internet
- How to Publish Your Own Indie Book
- Unleash the Artist Within
Connect with Bob on
- Help Hurricane Victims
- Sell More Music CDs Offline
- Outrageous Music Marketing Ideas
- The Success of Self-Reliance
- More Profitable Music Sales Tips
- Music Ads: 6 Steps to Powerful Promotion
- GarageSpin Delivers the Music Goods
- Keys to the Music Success Kingdom
- Meet Bob in San Francisco Aug 20 & 22
- The Music Biz Success Factor
Favorite Music Blogs
- DIY Musician
- Music Think Tank
- David Hooper
- Ariel Hyatt
- Derek Sivers
- Brian Thompson
- Michael Brandvold
- Artists House Music
- Bob Lefsetz
Copyright 2004-2013 Bob Baker