Bob Baker's The Buzz Factor
Music marketing tips and self-promotion ideas for independent songwriters, musicians and bands.
Music marketing ideas for DIY artists, managers, promoters and music biz pros
December 21, 2005
Another Kick-Butt Music Web Site
Check out Josh Woodward's site, and particularly his My Songs section, where he employs the following features:
- A line that states "Not sure where to start? What kind of music do you like?" Then he lists categories such as "Darker Pop/Rock," "Light Folk" and "Heavy," with suggested songs to check out for each style.
- Free MP3s of 77 original songs. Not only that, he gives people the option to stream or download the tracks AND supplies the lyrics and guitar tabs to each song. Wow.
- Links to where you can purchase his CDs (for only $5 each) and his music "sharing policy."
Get more tips like these when you subscribe to my free Buzz Factor ezine — the longest running music career tips email newsletter on the planet. Since 1995. Learn more about the free subscription here.
Your email address will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Connect with Bob on Google+
FREE Music Tips Ezine
- Get Bob's Free Music Marketing Tips by Email. Find out more.
What About Bob?
Bob Baker is an author, speaker, teacher, indie musician and former music magazine editor dedicated to showing musicians of all kinds how to get exposure, connect with fans, sell more music, and increase their incomes.
Guerrilla Music Marketing Online
129 Free & Low-Cost Ways to Promote & Sell Your Music on the Internet
Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook:
201 Self-Promotion Ideas for Song-
writers, Musicians and Bands on a Budget
- Killer Music Press Kits
- Guerrilla Music Marketing, Encore Edition
- Killer Music Web Sites
- DIY Music Marketing for the Serious Musician
- How to Tap Into NACA and the Lucrative College Music Market
- Online Music PR Hot List
- How to Use Video to Promote Your Music Online
- 55 Ways to Promote & Sell Your Book on the Internet
- How to Publish Your Own Indie Book
- Unleash the Artist Within
Connect with Bob on
- Guerrilla Music Marketing Book #1 on Amazon
- The MySpace Value Debate
- Your Lousy Music Career
- Exposure on NPR's Open Mic
- Vinyl Quality Making a Comeback?
- Ask Your Fans for Help
- My New Space on MySpace
- Podcast Directories & One Cool Player
- Creative Commons 365 & Newsweek
- Tag You're It: Amazon's New Marketing Tool
Favorite Music Blogs
- DIY Musician
- Music Think Tank
- David Hooper
- Ariel Hyatt
- Derek Sivers
- Brian Thompson
- Michael Brandvold
- Artists House Music
- Bob Lefsetz
Copyright 2004-2013 Bob Baker