Bob Baker's The Buzz Factor
Music marketing tips and self-promotion ideas for independent songwriters, musicians and bands.
Music marketing ideas for DIY artists, managers, promoters and music biz pros
March 03, 2006
Bob Heading to Austin for SXSW
But I'm returning to the wonderful music oasis of Austin this year. So far, here are two cool public things I'm doing. (Don't ask about the private things :-)
Friday, March 17 - 1 to 2 PM or so
I'll be hanging out at the Music Manufacturing Services booth at the SXSW Trade Show. Stop by to say hi, get an autographed book, discuss the state of indie music in the modern era, or hear what I think about Ryan Seacrest's current hair style :-)
Saturday, March 18 - 1 to 2 PM
I will present a free one-hour workshop at an "Invasion of the GoGirls @ SXSW" event. My talk will be called "How to Promote Yourself, Make Money & Live Your Music Dreams." Held at Ruta Maya, 3601 South Congress, Austin 78704. Phone: 512-707-9637.
Best yet, did I mention that it's free and open to the public!
The whole GoGirls "invasion" sounds pretty awesome. Madalyn Sklar and her crew will be showcasing the best emerging talent in seven "unofficial" SXSW showcases. Details at http://www.gogirlsmusic.com/sxsw/
Hope to see you there!
Get more tips like these when you subscribe to my free Buzz Factor ezine — the longest running music career tips email newsletter on the planet. Since 1995. Learn more about the free subscription here.
Your email address will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Connect with Bob on Google+
FREE Music Tips Ezine
- Get Bob's Free Music Marketing Tips by Email. Find out more.
What About Bob?
Bob Baker is an author, speaker, teacher, indie musician and former music magazine editor dedicated to showing musicians of all kinds how to get exposure, connect with fans, sell more music, and increase their incomes.
Guerrilla Music Marketing Online
129 Free & Low-Cost Ways to Promote & Sell Your Music on the Internet
Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook:
201 Self-Promotion Ideas for Song-
writers, Musicians and Bands on a Budget
- Killer Music Press Kits
- Guerrilla Music Marketing, Encore Edition
- Killer Music Web Sites
- DIY Music Marketing for the Serious Musician
- How to Tap Into NACA and the Lucrative College Music Market
- Online Music PR Hot List
- How to Use Video to Promote Your Music Online
- 55 Ways to Promote & Sell Your Book on the Internet
- How to Publish Your Own Indie Book
- Unleash the Artist Within
Connect with Bob on
- MySpace Music Marketing Tips Wanted
- Three Ways to Implement the 'Music Success Formula...
- Bob's Bargain Book Bin
- Marketing That Persuades & Sells
- Light Up, Everybody!
- Clearing Up a Misunderstanding
- Music Law Articles & Legal Services
- Artist Empowerment Radio: What's New?
- Smart Viral Music Marketing
- Four Cool Music Web Sites
Favorite Music Blogs
- DIY Musician
- Music Think Tank
- David Hooper
- Ariel Hyatt
- Derek Sivers
- Brian Thompson
- Michael Brandvold
- Artists House Music
- Bob Lefsetz
Copyright 2004-2013 Bob Baker