Bob Baker's The Buzz Factor
Music marketing tips and self-promotion ideas for independent songwriters, musicians and bands.
Music marketing ideas for DIY artists, managers, promoters and music biz pros
March 29, 2006
Music Marketing Scavenger Hunt - Part 2
Today I give you three more self-promotion ideas sparked by another unlikely source.
Source: "The Artist's Magazine" - May 2005
Original Idea: An article on fine arts promotion suggested that painters should "offer to write about art happenings for the local newspaper."
Music Marketing Spin: Offer to write music reviews or commentaries for your local music rag. This will give you a higher profile in your community.
Original Idea: Some artists include small images of their paintings on their business cards.
Music Marketing Spin: Print your CD cover or promo photo on your business card for extra impact -- especially if the image is eye-catching.
Original Idea: Artists who want to bypass galleries should hang art in coffee shops and offer the owners a commission on any resulting sales.
Music Marketing Spin: Give away in-store play copies of your CD to specialty retail shops that cater to your ideal fans. Offer to place additional copies on the counter so people who inquire about the music can purchase your CD.
Check tomorrow's blog post for more.
P.S. If you haven't grabbed your copy yet, be sure to get my new e-report, called Indie Music Marketing Secrets. It's free.
Get more tips like these when you subscribe to my free Buzz Factor ezine — the longest running music career tips email newsletter on the planet. Since 1995. Learn more about the free subscription here.
Your email address will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Connect with Bob on Google+
FREE Music Tips Ezine
- Get Bob's Free Music Marketing Tips by Email. Find out more.
What About Bob?
Bob Baker is an author, speaker, teacher, indie musician and former music magazine editor dedicated to showing musicians of all kinds how to get exposure, connect with fans, sell more music, and increase their incomes.
Guerrilla Music Marketing Online
129 Free & Low-Cost Ways to Promote & Sell Your Music on the Internet
Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook:
201 Self-Promotion Ideas for Song-
writers, Musicians and Bands on a Budget
- Killer Music Press Kits
- Guerrilla Music Marketing, Encore Edition
- Killer Music Web Sites
- DIY Music Marketing for the Serious Musician
- How to Tap Into NACA and the Lucrative College Music Market
- Online Music PR Hot List
- How to Use Video to Promote Your Music Online
- 55 Ways to Promote & Sell Your Book on the Internet
- How to Publish Your Own Indie Book
- Unleash the Artist Within
Connect with Bob on
- Music Marketing Idea Scavenger Hunt
- FREE Indie Music Promotion Tips
- Filk, Fark, Cat Lovers & Sex Deviants
- SXSW 2006 Memories
- Music Tips O' Plenty
- Your Biggest Music Career Challenge
- Are You Shortchanging Yourself?
- You the Underdog = Media Exposure
- When Talent Shows Attack!
- Bob Heading to Austin for SXSW
Favorite Music Blogs
- DIY Musician
- Music Think Tank
- David Hooper
- Ariel Hyatt
- Derek Sivers
- Brian Thompson
- Michael Brandvold
- Artists House Music
- Bob Lefsetz
Copyright 2004-2013 Bob Baker