Bob Baker's The Buzz Factor
Music marketing tips and self-promotion ideas for independent songwriters, musicians and bands.
Music marketing ideas for DIY artists, managers, promoters and music biz pros
April 27, 2006
2006, The Year of Internet Video: Get Ready
Well, in the weeks since then I've been blown away by what's happening with Internet video and the explosive growth of sites that offer it.
Take a look at the list of web sites below. Most will host your streaming video content for free. Some of them even allow you to edit together various video clips, photos and audio into your own DIY productions.
Back in December 2005, blogger and media expert Robin Good wrote about video and his prediction that it would flourish in 2006. Boy, was he right.
- First, there was blogging, which gave everyone an easy way to post and share their words (text)
- Last year, podcasting took center stage by offering the same capabilities with sound (audio)
- Sites like Flickr.com have done very well by giving people the freedom to easily store and share their photos (images)
- The next logical step is video.
In fact, I've jumped on board and will continue to do more with audio, while experimenting with ways to incorporate video into the ways I get my message out.
Check out this short, silly test video I created yesterday using a paid service called Audio Acrobat:
Get more tips like these when you subscribe to my free Buzz Factor ezine — the longest running music career tips email newsletter on the planet. Since 1995. Learn more about the free subscription here.
Your email address will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Connect with Bob on Google+
FREE Music Tips Ezine
- Get Bob's Free Music Marketing Tips by Email. Find out more.
What About Bob?
Bob Baker is an author, speaker, teacher, indie musician and former music magazine editor dedicated to showing musicians of all kinds how to get exposure, connect with fans, sell more music, and increase their incomes.
Guerrilla Music Marketing Online
129 Free & Low-Cost Ways to Promote & Sell Your Music on the Internet
Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook:
201 Self-Promotion Ideas for Song-
writers, Musicians and Bands on a Budget
- Killer Music Press Kits
- Guerrilla Music Marketing, Encore Edition
- Killer Music Web Sites
- DIY Music Marketing for the Serious Musician
- How to Tap Into NACA and the Lucrative College Music Market
- Online Music PR Hot List
- How to Use Video to Promote Your Music Online
- 55 Ways to Promote & Sell Your Book on the Internet
- How to Publish Your Own Indie Book
- Unleash the Artist Within
Connect with Bob on
- Voice Your Opinions
- Beatle Bob and Me - Caught on Film
- Indie Music Marketing Squidoo Lens
- Viral Music Marketing - Doggie Style
- The Hunted Become the Hunters
- MySpace Music Marketing: The eBook
- The Science of Music Marketing & Money
- Push-Pull Marketing, Beatles Style
- The 4 Keys to Music Success
- Music Marketing Scavenger Hunt - Part 3
Favorite Music Blogs
- DIY Musician
- Music Think Tank
- David Hooper
- Ariel Hyatt
- Derek Sivers
- Brian Thompson
- Michael Brandvold
- Artists House Music
- Bob Lefsetz
Copyright 2004-2013 Bob Baker