Bob Baker's The Buzz Factor
Music marketing tips and self-promotion ideas for independent songwriters, musicians and bands.
Music marketing ideas for DIY artists, managers, promoters and music biz pros
April 24, 2006
Beatle Bob and Me - Caught on Film
I'm famous. Sharing the screen with Jello Biafra, Mojo Nixon, and the legendary Beatle Bob!
A friend recently sent me a link to www.myspace.com/bb_rocks. That's the MySpace home of director Jenni Sterling and Arammana Productions, which is producing an indie documentary called "Superfan: The Lies, Life and Legend of Beatle Bob."
I clicked the play button on the embedded video player, and lo and behold, there I was -- talking about Beatle Bob. I'm the first voice you hear on the trailer.
(Not sure who Beatle Bob is? Click here to find out.)
I met Jenni and a camera guy at a local music store about a year ago and was interviewed for the documentary. Hadn't heard much about it since, until I was sent the link. Very cool.
Later in the clip, you hear former Dead Kennedys singer Jello Biafra, right before they return to a shot of me. Another classic scene is a rant by Mojo Nixon near the end.
Again, you can watch it at www.myspace.com/bb_rocks. Note: You may have to download the latest version of Flash to have the audio and video work together.
See you on the red carpet :-)
Get more tips like these when you subscribe to my free Buzz Factor ezine — the longest running music career tips email newsletter on the planet. Since 1995. Learn more about the free subscription here.
Your email address will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Connect with Bob on Google+
FREE Music Tips Ezine
- Get Bob's Free Music Marketing Tips by Email. Find out more.
What About Bob?
Bob Baker is an author, speaker, teacher, indie musician and former music magazine editor dedicated to showing musicians of all kinds how to get exposure, connect with fans, sell more music, and increase their incomes.
Guerrilla Music Marketing Online
129 Free & Low-Cost Ways to Promote & Sell Your Music on the Internet
Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook:
201 Self-Promotion Ideas for Song-
writers, Musicians and Bands on a Budget
- Killer Music Press Kits
- Guerrilla Music Marketing, Encore Edition
- Killer Music Web Sites
- DIY Music Marketing for the Serious Musician
- How to Tap Into NACA and the Lucrative College Music Market
- Online Music PR Hot List
- How to Use Video to Promote Your Music Online
- 55 Ways to Promote & Sell Your Book on the Internet
- How to Publish Your Own Indie Book
- Unleash the Artist Within
Connect with Bob on
- Indie Music Marketing Squidoo Lens
- Viral Music Marketing - Doggie Style
- The Hunted Become the Hunters
- MySpace Music Marketing: The eBook
- The Science of Music Marketing & Money
- Push-Pull Marketing, Beatles Style
- The 4 Keys to Music Success
- Music Marketing Scavenger Hunt - Part 3
- Music Marketing Scavenger Hunt - Part 2
- Music Marketing Idea Scavenger Hunt
Favorite Music Blogs
- DIY Musician
- Music Think Tank
- David Hooper
- Ariel Hyatt
- Derek Sivers
- Brian Thompson
- Michael Brandvold
- Artists House Music
- Bob Lefsetz
Copyright 2004-2013 Bob Baker