Bob Baker's The Buzz Factor
Music marketing tips and self-promotion ideas for independent songwriters, musicians and bands.
Music marketing ideas for DIY artists, managers, promoters and music biz pros
April 12, 2006
The Science of Music Marketing & Money
You've no doubt been to these science center type of places. If not, similar principles apply to museums and other tourist attractions.
Much of the St. Louis Science Center is open to the public. If you don't mind walking a bit, you can park for free, bring the family, stroll around, and enjoy three floors of hands-on activities.
However, there are more things to do at the Science Center.
- For $3, your child can spend an hour in the Discovery Room.
- For $7, you can attend one of the Omnimax theater movies.
- For $12, you can gain access to the main exhibit (currently featuring artifacts from the Titanic).
- For $65, you can go on a "Glided Segway Tour" of Forest Park.
- For $75, you can get a one-year family membership to the Science Center and get free parking in the lot right next to the center and free (or discounted) access to the activities listed above.
- For $1,000 or more, you can join the Albert Einstein Society as a Science Center financial supporter.
- First, free access to many parts of the venue gets people in the door and interacting with what the Science Center offers.
- Second, once it exposes guests to the environment (after creating an enjoyable free experience), the Center makes offers to "upgrade" people to its paid services.
- Third, the Science Center offers a variety of entry points where patrons can spend money -- from as little as $3 to many thousands of dollars.
Stay tuned. I'll have more on this in an upcoming blog post.
P.S. If you haven't grabbed your copy yet, be sure to get my new e-report, called Indie Music Marketing Secrets. It's free.
Get more tips like these when you subscribe to my free Buzz Factor ezine — the longest running music career tips email newsletter on the planet. Since 1995. Learn more about the free subscription here.
Your email address will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Connect with Bob on Google+
FREE Music Tips Ezine
- Get Bob's Free Music Marketing Tips by Email. Find out more.
What About Bob?
Bob Baker is an author, speaker, teacher, indie musician and former music magazine editor dedicated to showing musicians of all kinds how to get exposure, connect with fans, sell more music, and increase their incomes.
Guerrilla Music Marketing Online
129 Free & Low-Cost Ways to Promote & Sell Your Music on the Internet
Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook:
201 Self-Promotion Ideas for Song-
writers, Musicians and Bands on a Budget
- Killer Music Press Kits
- Guerrilla Music Marketing, Encore Edition
- Killer Music Web Sites
- DIY Music Marketing for the Serious Musician
- How to Tap Into NACA and the Lucrative College Music Market
- Online Music PR Hot List
- How to Use Video to Promote Your Music Online
- 55 Ways to Promote & Sell Your Book on the Internet
- How to Publish Your Own Indie Book
- Unleash the Artist Within
Connect with Bob on
- Push-Pull Marketing, Beatles Style
- The 4 Keys to Music Success
- Music Marketing Scavenger Hunt - Part 3
- Music Marketing Scavenger Hunt - Part 2
- Music Marketing Idea Scavenger Hunt
- FREE Indie Music Promotion Tips
- Filk, Fark, Cat Lovers & Sex Deviants
- SXSW 2006 Memories
- Music Tips O' Plenty
- Your Biggest Music Career Challenge
Favorite Music Blogs
- DIY Musician
- Music Think Tank
- David Hooper
- Ariel Hyatt
- Derek Sivers
- Brian Thompson
- Michael Brandvold
- Artists House Music
- Bob Lefsetz
Copyright 2004-2013 Bob Baker