Bob Baker's The Buzz Factor
Music marketing tips and self-promotion ideas for independent songwriters, musicians and bands.
Music marketing ideas for DIY artists, managers, promoters and music biz pros
July 26, 2006
Not-So-Silent Bob's Indie Film Bonanza
I don't know what's going on this year, but I seem to be attracting more opportunities in the film world. First there was my appearance in the Beatle Bob documentary trailer. Then a music video for my song "Sin Is On Your Face."
Now a QuickTime video of On the Road with Ian Jejune, a 48 Hour Film Project piece I co-wrote and acted in this year, was just posted. Watch it here. (Yes, I'm the nerd character ... and no, it's not type casting.) The guy playing Ian is Lee Mueller, who produced the "Sin" music video.
Coming soon is Heidi Meets Death, in which I play Death -- but not with the predictable Grim Reaper vibe. Heidi is played by my friend Erin Marie Hogan. Check out some early screen shots here.
Don't worry. I'm not going to trade being an author to pursue acting. After years of doing theatre as a hobby, I'm just exploring my creativity, feeding my soul, and having a blast doing it.
Hope you're doing the same thing -- in your own special way.
Get more tips like these when you subscribe to my free Buzz Factor ezine — the longest running music career tips email newsletter on the planet. Since 1995. Learn more about the free subscription here.
Your email address will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Connect with Bob on Google+
FREE Music Tips Ezine
- Get Bob's Free Music Marketing Tips by Email. Find out more.
What About Bob?
Bob Baker is an author, speaker, teacher, indie musician and former music magazine editor dedicated to showing musicians of all kinds how to get exposure, connect with fans, sell more music, and increase their incomes.
Guerrilla Music Marketing Online
129 Free & Low-Cost Ways to Promote & Sell Your Music on the Internet
Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook:
201 Self-Promotion Ideas for Song-
writers, Musicians and Bands on a Budget
- Killer Music Press Kits
- Guerrilla Music Marketing, Encore Edition
- Killer Music Web Sites
- DIY Music Marketing for the Serious Musician
- How to Tap Into NACA and the Lucrative College Music Market
- Online Music PR Hot List
- How to Use Video to Promote Your Music Online
- 55 Ways to Promote & Sell Your Book on the Internet
- How to Publish Your Own Indie Book
- Unleash the Artist Within
Connect with Bob on
- 'MySpace Music Marketing' in Amazon Top 10
- How to 'Fix' the Music Industry
- Three Simple Marketing Words
- College Radio Airplay Tips
- Are You Certain? Or Not?
- On George Carlin & Al Gore
- Do-It-Yourself Internet Music PR
- Marketing While in the Military
- 'What Is INDIE?' The Movie
- 16 Insights for Indie Music Success
Favorite Music Blogs
- DIY Musician
- Music Think Tank
- David Hooper
- Ariel Hyatt
- Derek Sivers
- Brian Thompson
- Michael Brandvold
- Artists House Music
- Bob Lefsetz
Copyright 2004-2013 Bob Baker