Bob Baker's The Buzz Factor
Music marketing tips and self-promotion ideas for independent songwriters, musicians and bands.
Music marketing ideas for DIY artists, managers, promoters and music biz pros
September 26, 2006
Can You Hear Me Now?
We had a few dozen people on the line, John did a great job talking about his passion for music and the indie music career path ... it was a blast! I hope to do more of them. So stay tuned to this blog and the Buzz Factor ezine for details on future calls. I'll be posting a link to last night's call soon, in case you missed it.
Last week I had a great conversation with brothers Phil and Jason Montero, hosts of The Anywhere Office. The show covers work/life balance, virtual offices, mobile work technology, Internet marketing, and more.
Phil and Jason are musicians, so they asked me lots of questions about my background, the good and bad things artists do to promote themselves, and general online branding principles.
You can stream or download the show here.
Get more tips like these when you subscribe to my free Buzz Factor ezine — the longest running music career tips email newsletter on the planet. Since 1995. Learn more about the free subscription here.
Your email address will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Connect with Bob on Google+
FREE Music Tips Ezine
- Get Bob's Free Music Marketing Tips by Email. Find out more.
What About Bob?
Bob Baker is an author, speaker, teacher, indie musician and former music magazine editor dedicated to showing musicians of all kinds how to get exposure, connect with fans, sell more music, and increase their incomes.
Guerrilla Music Marketing Online
129 Free & Low-Cost Ways to Promote & Sell Your Music on the Internet
Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook:
201 Self-Promotion Ideas for Song-
writers, Musicians and Bands on a Budget
- Killer Music Press Kits
- Guerrilla Music Marketing, Encore Edition
- Killer Music Web Sites
- DIY Music Marketing for the Serious Musician
- How to Tap Into NACA and the Lucrative College Music Market
- Online Music PR Hot List
- How to Use Video to Promote Your Music Online
- 55 Ways to Promote & Sell Your Book on the Internet
- How to Publish Your Own Indie Book
- Unleash the Artist Within
Connect with Bob on
- MySpace Favorite Friend Adder
- Free Teleseminar Sept 25
- 14 Words or Less
- Indie Music Success & Nerves
- The Psychology of Music Sales
- Radio Airplay in 7 Days
- Full-Time Indie Musician: Are You Ready?
- Sell Your Music on MySpace
- Elvis, Ok Go & Stephen Colbert
- How to Be That Guy or Gal
Favorite Music Blogs
- DIY Musician
- Music Think Tank
- David Hooper
- Ariel Hyatt
- Derek Sivers
- Brian Thompson
- Michael Brandvold
- Artists House Music
- Bob Lefsetz
Copyright 2004-2013 Bob Baker