Bob Baker's The Buzz Factor
Music marketing tips and self-promotion ideas for independent songwriters, musicians and bands.
Music marketing ideas for DIY artists, managers, promoters and music biz pros
September 08, 2006
Full-Time Indie Musician: Are You Ready?
Does this describe you? If so, please visit this new, special web page right away:
What you'll find there are details about an in-depth interview I did with indie success story John Taglieri. I've been so impressed with John over the years, I've featured him in three of my books. He lives the essence of what it means to be a self-empowered independent artist.
Several years ago John set a goal of playing music full-time. Through sheer determination and drive, he worked methodically toward that goal. He quit his last job nearly two years ago and has since sold thousands of his self-released CDs, tours the country when he wants to, and has thousands of fans around the world.
John is a living, breathing example of what a focused artist can accomplish on his own.
There are lots of places to turn for good ideas and music career advice. But much of it is abstract theory. The best way to learn is from someone who has not only done it, but is doing it right now. John Taglieri is doing what most musicians only talk and dream about. Listen to him. Learn from him. Be inspired by him. Visit this web page now:
Get more tips like these when you subscribe to my free Buzz Factor ezine — the longest running music career tips email newsletter on the planet. Since 1995. Learn more about the free subscription here.
Your email address will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Connect with Bob on Google+
FREE Music Tips Ezine
- Get Bob's Free Music Marketing Tips by Email. Find out more.
What About Bob?
Bob Baker is an author, speaker, teacher, indie musician and former music magazine editor dedicated to showing musicians of all kinds how to get exposure, connect with fans, sell more music, and increase their incomes.
Guerrilla Music Marketing Online
129 Free & Low-Cost Ways to Promote & Sell Your Music on the Internet
Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook:
201 Self-Promotion Ideas for Song-
writers, Musicians and Bands on a Budget
- Killer Music Press Kits
- Guerrilla Music Marketing, Encore Edition
- Killer Music Web Sites
- DIY Music Marketing for the Serious Musician
- How to Tap Into NACA and the Lucrative College Music Market
- Online Music PR Hot List
- How to Use Video to Promote Your Music Online
- 55 Ways to Promote & Sell Your Book on the Internet
- How to Publish Your Own Indie Book
- Unleash the Artist Within
Connect with Bob on
- Sell Your Music on MySpace
- Elvis, Ok Go & Stephen Colbert
- How to Be That Guy or Gal
- What Music Fans Want
- Names, Numbers & Big Breaks
- Music Career Mode Reality Check
- MySpace 100 Million Friend March
- GarageSpin Interview
- Trusting Your Music Fans to Support You
- Not-So-Silent Bob's Indie Film Bonanza
Favorite Music Blogs
- DIY Musician
- Music Think Tank
- David Hooper
- Ariel Hyatt
- Derek Sivers
- Brian Thompson
- Michael Brandvold
- Artists House Music
- Bob Lefsetz
Copyright 2004-2013 Bob Baker