Bob Baker's The Buzz Factor
Music marketing tips and self-promotion ideas for independent songwriters, musicians and bands.
Music marketing ideas for DIY artists, managers, promoters and music biz pros
September 12, 2006
Radio Airplay in 7 Days
Here's a summary from the article:
Sunday night I got the idea for a song that would gain me expsoure with returning college students. Monday I wrote the song. Tuesday I recorded it. Wednesday I contacted the music director of the college radio station. Friday I delivered it to him, and by Saturday it was on the radio!
The only thing it takes to get your band out there is an idea, some focus, and an understanding of others and their needs.
Read Jason's inspiring article at
Get more tips like these when you subscribe to my free Buzz Factor ezine — the longest running music career tips email newsletter on the planet. Since 1995. Learn more about the free subscription here.
Your email address will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Connect with Bob on Google+
FREE Music Tips Ezine
- Get Bob's Free Music Marketing Tips by Email. Find out more.
What About Bob?
Bob Baker is an author, speaker, teacher, indie musician and former music magazine editor dedicated to showing musicians of all kinds how to get exposure, connect with fans, sell more music, and increase their incomes.
Guerrilla Music Marketing Online
129 Free & Low-Cost Ways to Promote & Sell Your Music on the Internet
Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook:
201 Self-Promotion Ideas for Song-
writers, Musicians and Bands on a Budget
- Killer Music Press Kits
- Guerrilla Music Marketing, Encore Edition
- Killer Music Web Sites
- DIY Music Marketing for the Serious Musician
- How to Tap Into NACA and the Lucrative College Music Market
- Online Music PR Hot List
- How to Use Video to Promote Your Music Online
- 55 Ways to Promote & Sell Your Book on the Internet
- How to Publish Your Own Indie Book
- Unleash the Artist Within
Connect with Bob on
- Full-Time Indie Musician: Are You Ready?
- Sell Your Music on MySpace
- Elvis, Ok Go & Stephen Colbert
- How to Be That Guy or Gal
- What Music Fans Want
- Names, Numbers & Big Breaks
- Music Career Mode Reality Check
- MySpace 100 Million Friend March
- GarageSpin Interview
- Trusting Your Music Fans to Support You
Favorite Music Blogs
- DIY Musician
- Music Think Tank
- David Hooper
- Ariel Hyatt
- Derek Sivers
- Brian Thompson
- Michael Brandvold
- Artists House Music
- Bob Lefsetz
Copyright 2004-2013 Bob Baker