Bob Baker's The Buzz Factor
Music marketing tips and self-promotion ideas for independent songwriters, musicians and bands.
Music marketing ideas for DIY artists, managers, promoters and music biz pros
November 06, 2006
Music Business Radio: The Dave & Bob Show
On the show we talk about what music marketing really is, how to double (and even triple) your music income, and the biggest mistakes artists make with their press kits. You can download an MP3 of the show using this link or subscribe to the podcast with iTunes using this link.
Hats off to whomever edited this show. I remember not being particularly articulate that day in the studio (see this picture). Perhaps it was engineer Dan Buckley who painstakingly removed all my mumbles and stumbles and made me sound like a silver-tongued expert.
In any event, enjoy the show. We had fun doing it.
Get more tips like these when you subscribe to my free Buzz Factor ezine — the longest running music career tips email newsletter on the planet. Since 1995. Learn more about the free subscription here.
Your email address will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Connect with Bob on Google+
FREE Music Tips Ezine
- Get Bob's Free Music Marketing Tips by Email. Find out more.
What About Bob?
Bob Baker is an author, speaker, teacher, indie musician and former music magazine editor dedicated to showing musicians of all kinds how to get exposure, connect with fans, sell more music, and increase their incomes.
Guerrilla Music Marketing Online
129 Free & Low-Cost Ways to Promote & Sell Your Music on the Internet
Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook:
201 Self-Promotion Ideas for Song-
writers, Musicians and Bands on a Budget
- Killer Music Press Kits
- Guerrilla Music Marketing, Encore Edition
- Killer Music Web Sites
- DIY Music Marketing for the Serious Musician
- How to Tap Into NACA and the Lucrative College Music Market
- Online Music PR Hot List
- How to Use Video to Promote Your Music Online
- 55 Ways to Promote & Sell Your Book on the Internet
- How to Publish Your Own Indie Book
- Unleash the Artist Within
Connect with Bob on
- Knocking Music Fans Off the Fence
- Hits and Misses vs Hits and Niches
- Online Music Video Promotion: New How-To Guide
- Choose Your Words Carefully
- Learning From Failure
- Bob Pics on Flickr
- The Smartest Thing You Can Do
- Win a Free Ride On the New 'Billboard Publicity Wi...
- Cingular YouTube Underground
- Erections and Good Headlines
Favorite Music Blogs
- DIY Musician
- Music Think Tank
- David Hooper
- Ariel Hyatt
- Derek Sivers
- Brian Thompson
- Michael Brandvold
- Artists House Music
- Bob Lefsetz
Copyright 2004-2013 Bob Baker