Bob Baker's The Buzz Factor
Music marketing tips and self-promotion ideas for independent songwriters, musicians and bands.
Music marketing ideas for DIY artists, managers, promoters and music biz pros
December 22, 2006
5 Things You Didn't Know About Me
1) For about 15 years -- in my 20s and 30s -- I did stand-up comedy on a regular basis. My stage name was Royce Kelly. (I thought Bob Baker was too bland.) I was best known for the song parodies I came up with.
2) I've also been semi-active in theatre over the past 20 years. I've acted in plays, directed plays, written and performed sketch comedy, put together improv troupes a la Whose Line Is It Anyway. All fun stuff!
3) I have a longstanding interest in video production. In my 20s, I took every video class offered by St. Louis Community College. In the '90s I hosted a local cable music video show. More recently, I've been involved in indie film projects and just bought a digital camcorder. I plan to crank out a lot more video content on YouTube.
4) Ever since I was a little kid, I've enjoyed doing impressions and sound effects with my voice. I can do a decent Jimmy Stewart, Johnny Carson, Zig Ziglar, as well as singers like Michael MacDonald, Elvis and more. Oh, and I can simulate the sound of bird wings flapping using my tongue.
5) I don't just write about music -- I've been an active musician for 30 years. I play guitar, sing, and write and record my own songs. Check out some of my original song samples here and here.
That was fun. Now I tag David Hooper, Scott Ginsberg, Chris Anderson, Ben McConnell and Jackie Huba, , and Curt Rosengren.
-Bob Get more tips like these when you subscribe to my free Buzz Factor ezine — the longest running music career tips email newsletter on the planet. Since 1995. Learn more about the free subscription here.
Your email address will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Connect with Bob on Google+
FREE Music Tips Ezine
- Get Bob's Free Music Marketing Tips by Email. Find out more.
What About Bob?
Bob Baker is an author, speaker, teacher, indie musician and former music magazine editor dedicated to showing musicians of all kinds how to get exposure, connect with fans, sell more music, and increase their incomes.
Guerrilla Music Marketing Online
129 Free & Low-Cost Ways to Promote & Sell Your Music on the Internet
Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook:
201 Self-Promotion Ideas for Song-
writers, Musicians and Bands on a Budget
- Killer Music Press Kits
- Guerrilla Music Marketing, Encore Edition
- Killer Music Web Sites
- DIY Music Marketing for the Serious Musician
- How to Tap Into NACA and the Lucrative College Music Market
- Online Music PR Hot List
- How to Use Video to Promote Your Music Online
- 55 Ways to Promote & Sell Your Book on the Internet
- How to Publish Your Own Indie Book
- Unleash the Artist Within
Connect with Bob on
- Holiday Video Clip - From My Family to Yours
- Free Music Web Site Teleclass Dec 20
- Manhattan Marketing Ideas
- Should Your Bits Be Free?
- When iPods Attack
- Get the Music Tips You Want
- Ice Storm Music Marketing Video
- New Buzz Factor Ezine Online
- The Power of Taking Action
- Free Music Downloads: The Smart Way
Favorite Music Blogs
- DIY Musician
- Music Think Tank
- David Hooper
- Ariel Hyatt
- Derek Sivers
- Brian Thompson
- Michael Brandvold
- Artists House Music
- Bob Lefsetz
Copyright 2004-2013 Bob Baker