Bob Baker's The Buzz Factor
Music marketing tips and self-promotion ideas for independent songwriters, musicians and bands.
Music marketing ideas for DIY artists, managers, promoters and music biz pros
February 09, 2007
Do You Know 'The Secret'?
The "secret" is not really a secret at all. It's wisdom that has been passed down through the ages based on a principle you've probably heard before. But most people spend their lives disconnected from the principle and, therefore, struggle. I've been aware of this secret (or law) for many years and regularly incorporate it into my writings (and my life).
But of all the books and resources that address this topic, The Secret DVD does perhaps the best job of presenting it and driving home the message.
What does this have to do with music promotion? Everything.
The reason so many musicians struggle and complain is because they don't understand the "secret" and the effect it has on their careers and lives. Most successful, content musicians have tapped into some aspect of this simple universal principle and apply it on a regular basis.
And here's the rub: This secret law directs the events and circumstances of your life whether you know about it or believe it or not.
I'll stop typing for now and let you discover it on your own. There is a summary transcript of yesterday's show on the Oprah site here. Check out the movie on Amazon, where you can also watch a two-minute clip.
As Mike Dooley says, "Thoughts become things ... choose the good ones."
-Bob Get more tips like these when you subscribe to my free Buzz Factor ezine — the longest running music career tips email newsletter on the planet. Since 1995. Learn more about the free subscription here.
Your email address will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Connect with Bob on Google+
FREE Music Tips Ezine
- Get Bob's Free Music Marketing Tips by Email. Find out more.
What About Bob?
Bob Baker is an author, speaker, teacher, indie musician and former music magazine editor dedicated to showing musicians of all kinds how to get exposure, connect with fans, sell more music, and increase their incomes.
Guerrilla Music Marketing Online
129 Free & Low-Cost Ways to Promote & Sell Your Music on the Internet
Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook:
201 Self-Promotion Ideas for Song-
writers, Musicians and Bands on a Budget
- Killer Music Press Kits
- Guerrilla Music Marketing, Encore Edition
- Killer Music Web Sites
- DIY Music Marketing for the Serious Musician
- How to Tap Into NACA and the Lucrative College Music Market
- Online Music PR Hot List
- How to Use Video to Promote Your Music Online
- 55 Ways to Promote & Sell Your Book on the Internet
- How to Publish Your Own Indie Book
- Unleash the Artist Within
Connect with Bob on
- Indie Music Takes on the Majors
- Triple Your Odds of Getting Music Media Coverage
- On Music, Money and Attention
- The Talent Myth
- 14 Things I've Learned About Indie Music Success
- The Best Music Marketing Thing You Can Do
- Bob on Musicians Cooler Podcast
- Hilarious: Garage Orchestra Story in the Onion
- Chicago Music Workshop Jan 25
- How to Rank Higher on Google
Favorite Music Blogs
- DIY Musician
- Music Think Tank
- David Hooper
- Ariel Hyatt
- Derek Sivers
- Brian Thompson
- Michael Brandvold
- Artists House Music
- Bob Lefsetz
Copyright 2004-2013 Bob Baker