Bob Baker's The Buzz Factor
Music marketing tips and self-promotion ideas for independent songwriters, musicians and bands.
Music marketing ideas for DIY artists, managers, promoters and music biz pros
March 27, 2007
Blog Tag: 7 Songs I Like
Okay, I'm lying. Maybe this will be a childhood memory for a new generation. But I digress ...
I have been tagged by blogger Jay Moonah to list "7 Songs I Like." This is similar to the 5 Things You Didn't Know About Me meme I participated in a few months ago.
Well, you know me, I just can't play by the rules. So I'm putting my own spin on things. I'll give you seven songs from some of my favorite indie artists, then my top seven from more established artists.
So here goes:
- "Hardline" - Jill Barber
- "Bye Is Such a Lonely Word" - Gilli Moon
- "Fickle Mind" - Heidi McCurdy
- "Elusive Butterfly" - Geoff Byrd
- "Now" - Kiff Gallagher
- "No Distractions" - Ralph Covert & The Bad Examples
- "Dixieland Dirt Bovine" - Ian Sherwood
- "Accidents Will Happen" - Elvis Costello
- "Tempted" - Squeeze
- "Don't Dream It's Over" - Crowded House
- "New Sensation" - INXS
- "Are You Gonna Be My Girl" - Jet
- "Behind a Wall of Sleep" - The Smithereens
- "Come Together" - The Beatles
Instead of tagging more bloggers, I will issue a general public challenge. Feel free to list the top 7 Songs You Like, then come back here and add a link to your list in the comments below.
-Bob Get more tips like these when you subscribe to my free Buzz Factor ezine — the longest running music career tips email newsletter on the planet. Since 1995. Learn more about the free subscription here.
Your email address will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Connect with Bob on Google+
FREE Music Tips Ezine
- Get Bob's Free Music Marketing Tips by Email. Find out more.
What About Bob?
Bob Baker is an author, speaker, teacher, indie musician and former music magazine editor dedicated to showing musicians of all kinds how to get exposure, connect with fans, sell more music, and increase their incomes.
Guerrilla Music Marketing Online
129 Free & Low-Cost Ways to Promote & Sell Your Music on the Internet
Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook:
201 Self-Promotion Ideas for Song-
writers, Musicians and Bands on a Budget
- Killer Music Press Kits
- Guerrilla Music Marketing, Encore Edition
- Killer Music Web Sites
- DIY Music Marketing for the Serious Musician
- How to Tap Into NACA and the Lucrative College Music Market
- Online Music PR Hot List
- How to Use Video to Promote Your Music Online
- 55 Ways to Promote & Sell Your Book on the Internet
- How to Publish Your Own Indie Book
- Unleash the Artist Within
Connect with Bob on
- Signed, Sealed ... See Ya!
- Black Lab Bum-Rushes the iTunes Charts
- The James Brown/Don Knotts Publicity Factor
- Do You Have a Book Inside You?
- The Secret Music Life of Kat
- How Musician X Sold 500,000 CDs
- 5 New Music Web Sites
- MySpace Music Article in Australia
- YouTube, Dating Tips, and Gym Class Heroes
- Da Vinci Code Meets Rock & Roll Jihad
Favorite Music Blogs
- DIY Musician
- Music Think Tank
- David Hooper
- Ariel Hyatt
- Derek Sivers
- Brian Thompson
- Michael Brandvold
- Artists House Music
- Bob Lefsetz
Copyright 2004-2013 Bob Baker