Bob Baker's The Buzz Factor
Music marketing tips and self-promotion ideas for independent songwriters, musicians and bands.
Music marketing ideas for DIY artists, managers, promoters and music biz pros
March 16, 2007
How Musician X Sold 500,000 CDs
The teleclass was part of a new series of phone interviews I'm doing primarily for members of my new Indie Music Marketing Insiders Club. Members get access to the live calls themselves and can download MP3 files of them later. I just posted the Musician X audio to the members-only site.
If you'd like to find out more about the new Insiders Club, just visit this page for a free quick access guest pass, or this page for details on how to join. (Hint: It only costs $8 to $10 a month.)
In addition to the teleclasses, the members-only sites now features:
- The name and hard-to-find contact info of the music supervisor who places indie music on 'Grey's Anatomy,' 'Shark,' 'Without a Trace' and other hit TV shows
- Free access to my live workshop audio called "16 Insights for Indie Music Success" (which I sell for $14.95 from my site)
- A great marketing idea I stole from the real estate business
- An often-overlooked press coverage source in New York City, Chicago, Minneapolis, Denver/Boulder, Milwaukee, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Madison, WI
- An hour-long audio of a talk show on which I discuss how bands and musicians can double (and even triple) their music income, how to improve press kits so they don't get trashed, and a lot more
- Two ebooks filled with dozens of publicity tricks and ideas
And next week my teleclass guest will be NYC publicist Ariel Hyatt, who will share her top Internet PR secrets for indie artists.
Don't miss out on these opportunities. Visit www.MusicMarketingInsiders.com for more details now -- before you get distracted.
To your success!
-Bob Get more tips like these when you subscribe to my free Buzz Factor ezine — the longest running music career tips email newsletter on the planet. Since 1995. Learn more about the free subscription here.
Your email address will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Connect with Bob on Google+
FREE Music Tips Ezine
- Get Bob's Free Music Marketing Tips by Email. Find out more.
What About Bob?
Bob Baker is an author, speaker, teacher, indie musician and former music magazine editor dedicated to showing musicians of all kinds how to get exposure, connect with fans, sell more music, and increase their incomes.
Guerrilla Music Marketing Online
129 Free & Low-Cost Ways to Promote & Sell Your Music on the Internet
Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook:
201 Self-Promotion Ideas for Song-
writers, Musicians and Bands on a Budget
- Killer Music Press Kits
- Guerrilla Music Marketing, Encore Edition
- Killer Music Web Sites
- DIY Music Marketing for the Serious Musician
- How to Tap Into NACA and the Lucrative College Music Market
- Online Music PR Hot List
- How to Use Video to Promote Your Music Online
- 55 Ways to Promote & Sell Your Book on the Internet
- How to Publish Your Own Indie Book
- Unleash the Artist Within
Connect with Bob on
- 5 New Music Web Sites
- MySpace Music Article in Australia
- YouTube, Dating Tips, and Gym Class Heroes
- Da Vinci Code Meets Rock & Roll Jihad
- Develop a Guerrilla Marketing Calendar
- 5 Things I Learned in Halifax During the ECMAs
- John Legend on Music Marketing
- Why You Should Focus on Singles
- TheBuzzFactor.com's New Look
- 49th Grammy Awards a Disappointment
Favorite Music Blogs
- DIY Musician
- Music Think Tank
- David Hooper
- Ariel Hyatt
- Derek Sivers
- Brian Thompson
- Michael Brandvold
- Artists House Music
- Bob Lefsetz
Copyright 2004-2013 Bob Baker