Bob Baker's The Buzz Factor
Music marketing tips and self-promotion ideas for independent songwriters, musicians and bands.
Music marketing ideas for DIY artists, managers, promoters and music biz pros
March 09, 2007
YouTube, Dating Tips, and Gym Class Heroes
Exhibit A: Check out this YouTube video clip called "Travie's Dating Tips." It was posted last month around Valentine's Day by the band Gym Class Heroes. At last count, it had been viewed nearly a half million times.
How can you use this kind of thinking to produce video clips that would reinforce your musical identity and resonate with your fans?
P.S. I discuss this topic at length in my new report, How to Use Video to Promote Your Music Online. Get more tips like these when you subscribe to my free Buzz Factor ezine — the longest running music career tips email newsletter on the planet. Since 1995. Learn more about the free subscription here.
Your email address will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Connect with Bob on Google+
FREE Music Tips Ezine
- Get Bob's Free Music Marketing Tips by Email. Find out more.
What About Bob?
Bob Baker is an author, speaker, teacher, indie musician and former music magazine editor dedicated to showing musicians of all kinds how to get exposure, connect with fans, sell more music, and increase their incomes.
Guerrilla Music Marketing Online
129 Free & Low-Cost Ways to Promote & Sell Your Music on the Internet
Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook:
201 Self-Promotion Ideas for Song-
writers, Musicians and Bands on a Budget
- Killer Music Press Kits
- Guerrilla Music Marketing, Encore Edition
- Killer Music Web Sites
- DIY Music Marketing for the Serious Musician
- How to Tap Into NACA and the Lucrative College Music Market
- Online Music PR Hot List
- How to Use Video to Promote Your Music Online
- 55 Ways to Promote & Sell Your Book on the Internet
- How to Publish Your Own Indie Book
- Unleash the Artist Within
Connect with Bob on
- Da Vinci Code Meets Rock & Roll Jihad
- Develop a Guerrilla Marketing Calendar
- 5 Things I Learned in Halifax During the ECMAs
- John Legend on Music Marketing
- Why You Should Focus on Singles
- TheBuzzFactor.com's New Look
- 49th Grammy Awards a Disappointment
- Do You Know 'The Secret'?
- Indie Music Takes on the Majors
- Triple Your Odds of Getting Music Media Coverage
Favorite Music Blogs
- DIY Musician
- Music Think Tank
- David Hooper
- Ariel Hyatt
- Derek Sivers
- Brian Thompson
- Michael Brandvold
- Artists House Music
- Bob Lefsetz
Copyright 2004-2013 Bob Baker