Bob Baker's The Buzz Factor
Music marketing tips and self-promotion ideas for independent songwriters, musicians and bands.
Music marketing ideas for DIY artists, managers, promoters and music biz pros
May 03, 2007
12 Steps to Niche Music Success
Here's a description from the site's home page:
Sunlight of the Spirit Music exclusively sells CDs from artists in recovery -- all kinds of CDs and all kinds of recovery -- with the largest selection of twelve step and recovery music available for dealing with alcoholism and addiction in all its forms.
The site was founded last year by Gracie Hollombe Vandiver. According to this article in The Tennessean, Vandiver "helped start 12-stepradio.com in 2004. And seeing there was demand for recovery music, she started Sunlight of the Spirit Music in 2006 ... It was just the enterprise to combine Vandiver's skills as a songwriter, author and publicist and also give her a chance to market the artists in recovery she was representing."
The site offers recovery articles, a blog, a newsletter, and a Sober Cafe podcast -- in addition to the music store.
The lesson: Find a niche you're passionate about -- one not currently being served well -- and build a buzz (and a business) around it.
-Bob Get more tips like these when you subscribe to my free Buzz Factor ezine — the longest running music career tips email newsletter on the planet. Since 1995. Learn more about the free subscription here.
Your email address will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Connect with Bob on Google+
FREE Music Tips Ezine
- Get Bob's Free Music Marketing Tips by Email. Find out more.
What About Bob?
Bob Baker is an author, speaker, teacher, indie musician and former music magazine editor dedicated to showing musicians of all kinds how to get exposure, connect with fans, sell more music, and increase their incomes.
Guerrilla Music Marketing Online
129 Free & Low-Cost Ways to Promote & Sell Your Music on the Internet
Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook:
201 Self-Promotion Ideas for Song-
writers, Musicians and Bands on a Budget
- Killer Music Press Kits
- Guerrilla Music Marketing, Encore Edition
- Killer Music Web Sites
- DIY Music Marketing for the Serious Musician
- How to Tap Into NACA and the Lucrative College Music Market
- Online Music PR Hot List
- How to Use Video to Promote Your Music Online
- 55 Ways to Promote & Sell Your Book on the Internet
- How to Publish Your Own Indie Book
- Unleash the Artist Within
Connect with Bob on
- Are You Spreadable?
- Hits Suffer, Niches Bloom
- Two Keys to Music Success
- The Zimmers: Oldest Rock Band in the World
- Viral Music Video Buzz: Use This
- Earning Attention: It's All About Context
- The Truth About Music Industry Upheaval
- One F#%@ing Awesome Interview
- New 'Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook' Edition
- Best Advice for New Artists
Favorite Music Blogs
- DIY Musician
- Music Think Tank
- David Hooper
- Ariel Hyatt
- Derek Sivers
- Brian Thompson
- Michael Brandvold
- Artists House Music
- Bob Lefsetz
Copyright 2004-2013 Bob Baker