Bob Baker's The Buzz Factor
Music marketing tips and self-promotion ideas for independent songwriters, musicians and bands.
Music marketing ideas for DIY artists, managers, promoters and music biz pros
June 11, 2007
Music Marketing in the Digital Age
- Utilize MySpace and other web sites to their full potential and don't be afraid to give your music away for free. If one million people listen to your songs online, don't see it as you just lost $1 million in potential sales. See it as you just got radio play in 100 markets.
- You have to learn new ways of viral marketing, including widgets and blog search engines. And don't be afraid to experiment with putting your music in new places and contexts.
- Look at what the most progressive record labels are doing with their artists, like Canadian Nettwerk and Barenaked Ladies, and try to copy it.
- Good music is still good music. Content is still king. True talent will prevail somehow. You just have to keep an open mind about it.
Wanna create a music buzz online? Check out my special report 50 Ways to Promote and Sell Your Music on the Internet. Get more tips like these when you subscribe to my free Buzz Factor ezine — the longest running music career tips email newsletter on the planet. Since 1995. Learn more about the free subscription here.
Your email address will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Connect with Bob on Google+
FREE Music Tips Ezine
- Get Bob's Free Music Marketing Tips by Email. Find out more.
What About Bob?
Bob Baker is an author, speaker, teacher, indie musician and former music magazine editor dedicated to showing musicians of all kinds how to get exposure, connect with fans, sell more music, and increase their incomes.
Guerrilla Music Marketing Online
129 Free & Low-Cost Ways to Promote & Sell Your Music on the Internet
Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook:
201 Self-Promotion Ideas for Song-
writers, Musicians and Bands on a Budget
- Killer Music Press Kits
- Guerrilla Music Marketing, Encore Edition
- Killer Music Web Sites
- DIY Music Marketing for the Serious Musician
- How to Tap Into NACA and the Lucrative College Music Market
- Online Music PR Hot List
- How to Use Video to Promote Your Music Online
- 55 Ways to Promote & Sell Your Book on the Internet
- How to Publish Your Own Indie Book
- Unleash the Artist Within
Connect with Bob on
- Co-Create With Your Fans
- The Power of Face to Face
- Music Audio Tips on Snocap
- Everything You Need to Know About Music Marketing
- June 2 NYC Music PR Workshop, 2nd Session Added
- 11 Reasons Not to Sign With a Major Label
- Is There a Book Inside You?
- How to Hit a Marketing Home Run
- 4 More Music Sites You Need to Know About
- Music PR Workshop June 2 in NYC
Favorite Music Blogs
- DIY Musician
- Music Think Tank
- David Hooper
- Ariel Hyatt
- Derek Sivers
- Brian Thompson
- Michael Brandvold
- Artists House Music
- Bob Lefsetz
Copyright 2004-2013 Bob Baker