Bob Baker's The Buzz Factor
Music marketing tips and self-promotion ideas for independent songwriters, musicians and bands.
Music marketing ideas for DIY artists, managers, promoters and music biz pros
July 11, 2007
Blair Witch Music Project?
So, Colorless Green Ideas apparently took a cue from the successful indie buzz film Blair Witch Project and created a story about how Sofie had suddenly disappeared. The members started asking their fans for help in locating her. They registered the domain name FindSofie.com and posted mysterious clues little by little over a period of months, including a video and digital pictures of the missing singer.
Check out the band's YouTube video clue, MySpace page and web site.
I'm not sure how much buzz they actually created with this idea. But it seems like an excellent concept with a lot of viral marketing potential.
Could you do something similar with an aspect of your musical story?
Did you enjoy this blog post? Subscribe now and get all of my newest ideas delivered by email or RSS feed. Learn how here.
Wanna create a music buzz online? Check out my special report 50 Ways to Promote and Sell Your Music on the Internet. Get more tips like these when you subscribe to my free Buzz Factor ezine — the longest running music career tips email newsletter on the planet. Since 1995. Learn more about the free subscription here.
Your email address will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Connect with Bob on Google+
FREE Music Tips Ezine
- Get Bob's Free Music Marketing Tips by Email. Find out more.
What About Bob?
Bob Baker is an author, speaker, teacher, indie musician and former music magazine editor dedicated to showing musicians of all kinds how to get exposure, connect with fans, sell more music, and increase their incomes.
Guerrilla Music Marketing Online
129 Free & Low-Cost Ways to Promote & Sell Your Music on the Internet
Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook:
201 Self-Promotion Ideas for Song-
writers, Musicians and Bands on a Budget
- Killer Music Press Kits
- Guerrilla Music Marketing, Encore Edition
- Killer Music Web Sites
- DIY Music Marketing for the Serious Musician
- How to Tap Into NACA and the Lucrative College Music Market
- Online Music PR Hot List
- How to Use Video to Promote Your Music Online
- 55 Ways to Promote & Sell Your Book on the Internet
- How to Publish Your Own Indie Book
- Unleash the Artist Within
Connect with Bob on
- 10 Ways to Turbo-Charge Your Indie Music Career
- What Should I Write Next? You Decide!
- Two Great Tele-Classes in July
- 5 Music Sites You Should Know About
- Prince Pisses Off UK Music Retailers
- Subscribe to Indie Music Promotion Blog
- 6 Ways to Fix Online Music Radio
- Internet Radio Day of Silence
- The Hottest Music Trend Right Now
- The Top 4 Music Sellers
Favorite Music Blogs
- DIY Musician
- Music Think Tank
- David Hooper
- Ariel Hyatt
- Derek Sivers
- Brian Thompson
- Michael Brandvold
- Artists House Music
- Bob Lefsetz
Copyright 2004-2013 Bob Baker