Bob Baker's The Buzz Factor
Music marketing tips and self-promotion ideas for independent songwriters, musicians and bands.
Music marketing ideas for DIY artists, managers, promoters and music biz pros
August 13, 2007
Free Aug 20 Teleclass: How to Build an Indie Music Career
She regularly headlines at major events such as the Rocky Mountain Folks Festival, Kate Wolf Festival, and Chattanooga's Riverbend Festival. Her songs have been recorded by country diva Kathy Mattea and Nashville Star finalist Casey Simpson.
During the Aug 20 conference call, Christine will share her experiences of becoming a songwriter and performer, and of starting her own business to manage her growing career. We'll discuss ...
- the importance of intent, inspiration, and action.
- how to move through doubt, fear and other obstacles that hold musicians back.
- developing a music career action plan and multiple streams of income.
- how to take control of your career instead of being a victim.
- letting go of the "security" myth that keeps people stuck in unfulfilling day jobs.
- how to use creativity to design a more artful and abundant life.
Getting Discovered, Getting Discouraged, and Getting a Clue
How to Play for 5,000 People Who Have No Clue Who You Are
The call will last an hour or so and have segments for caller questions and interaction. Here are the call-in details for the free teleclass:
Starting time: 9 PM Eastern (6 PM Pacific, 8 PM Central)
Dial-in number: 1-218-339-7800 (a Minnesota number)
Access code: (enter this number when prompted) 37251
There's no cost to access the call. Only your regular long distance charges will apply. The number of participants is limited, so call in near the top of the hour to make sure you get in.
Did you enjoy this blog post? Subscribe now and get all of my newest ideas delivered by email or RSS feed. Learn how here.
Check out Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook, my classic guide to indie music promotion. Now revised and updated, with four new chapters on Internet and Web 2.0 music marketing. Get more details here. Get more tips like these when you subscribe to my free Buzz Factor ezine — the longest running music career tips email newsletter on the planet. Since 1995. Learn more about the free subscription here.
Your email address will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Connect with Bob on Google+
FREE Music Tips Ezine
- Get Bob's Free Music Marketing Tips by Email. Find out more.
What About Bob?
Bob Baker is an author, speaker, teacher, indie musician and former music magazine editor dedicated to showing musicians of all kinds how to get exposure, connect with fans, sell more music, and increase their incomes.
Guerrilla Music Marketing Online
129 Free & Low-Cost Ways to Promote & Sell Your Music on the Internet
Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook:
201 Self-Promotion Ideas for Song-
writers, Musicians and Bands on a Budget
- Killer Music Press Kits
- Guerrilla Music Marketing, Encore Edition
- Killer Music Web Sites
- DIY Music Marketing for the Serious Musician
- How to Tap Into NACA and the Lucrative College Music Market
- Online Music PR Hot List
- How to Use Video to Promote Your Music Online
- 55 Ways to Promote & Sell Your Book on the Internet
- How to Publish Your Own Indie Book
- Unleash the Artist Within
Connect with Bob on
- New Podcast: Music Business Team Reality Check
- Shocker: Local Indie Music Stores Grow
- The Power of Music Themes
- Webb Wilder on Joining the Van
- 5 Ideas That Will Rock Your Indie Music World
- Sum Yourself Up in One Sentence
- Top 5 Music News Stories
- New Indie Music Success Network
- Mystery Artist Sings No. 1 Hit Song
- Smart Ways to Use Twitter for Music
Favorite Music Blogs
- DIY Musician
- Music Think Tank
- David Hooper
- Ariel Hyatt
- Derek Sivers
- Brian Thompson
- Michael Brandvold
- Artists House Music
- Bob Lefsetz
Copyright 2004-2013 Bob Baker