Bob Baker's The Buzz Factor
Music marketing tips and self-promotion ideas for independent songwriters, musicians and bands.
Music marketing ideas for DIY artists, managers, promoters and music biz pros
August 31, 2007
How to Get Media Exposure Online
This is Jordan with The Gorgeous Hussies. Just wanted to let you know that I used another one of your tips out of your Guerrilla Music Marketing, Encore Edition book. Specifically, your suggestion to post press releases at www.Mi2n.com. I've been posting press releases there now for months, and they've been publishing our information all over the Web.
I know posting releases on Mi2n.com is beneficial because I have Google Alerts set up (something I think every band should do to gauge their online efforts) to let me know any time "The Gorgeous Hussies" name is published online. Sure enough, sites I never would have heard about are re-publishing our press releases for their visitors to read.
And today I received an email from Mi2n letting me know that The Gorgeous Hussies are featured on the Mi2n home page with our latest press release. This amount of exposure, on the front page of a web site where music industry movers and shakers go often to submit their music news, is great.
Thanks again for another great tip!
Thanks, Jordan. There are two lessons here:
1) Posting online press releases is an excellent way to get exposure online. Not just to reach the media, but to reach fans also, because your news is often picked up by feeds that automatically flow into other music news sites. You can circulate your releases through free services like Mi2n or fee-based ones like Billboard Publicity Wire.
To your success!
P.S. Also check out Killer Music Press Kits: The 29 Most Important Elements in Creating Sizzling Music Publicity Materials. Get more tips like these when you subscribe to my free Buzz Factor ezine — the longest running music career tips email newsletter on the planet. Since 1995. Learn more about the free subscription here.
Your email address will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Connect with Bob on Google+
FREE Music Tips Ezine
- Get Bob's Free Music Marketing Tips by Email. Find out more.
What About Bob?
Bob Baker is an author, speaker, teacher, indie musician and former music magazine editor dedicated to showing musicians of all kinds how to get exposure, connect with fans, sell more music, and increase their incomes.
Guerrilla Music Marketing Online
129 Free & Low-Cost Ways to Promote & Sell Your Music on the Internet
Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook:
201 Self-Promotion Ideas for Song-
writers, Musicians and Bands on a Budget
- Killer Music Press Kits
- Guerrilla Music Marketing, Encore Edition
- Killer Music Web Sites
- DIY Music Marketing for the Serious Musician
- How to Tap Into NACA and the Lucrative College Music Market
- Online Music PR Hot List
- How to Use Video to Promote Your Music Online
- 55 Ways to Promote & Sell Your Book on the Internet
- How to Publish Your Own Indie Book
- Unleash the Artist Within
Connect with Bob on
- Self-Worth & Your New Attitude
- The Indie Music Advantage
- Top 7 LOL Music Links
- Legendary Music Marketing: David Lee Roth Style
- Free Aug 20 Teleclass: How to Build an Indie Music...
- New Podcast: Music Business Team Reality Check
- Shocker: Local Indie Music Stores Grow
- The Power of Music Themes
- Webb Wilder on Joining the Van
- 5 Ideas That Will Rock Your Indie Music World
Favorite Music Blogs
- DIY Musician
- Music Think Tank
- David Hooper
- Ariel Hyatt
- Derek Sivers
- Brian Thompson
- Michael Brandvold
- Artists House Music
- Bob Lefsetz
Copyright 2004-2013 Bob Baker