Bob Baker's The Buzz Factor
Music marketing tips and self-promotion ideas for independent songwriters, musicians and bands.
Music marketing ideas for DIY artists, managers, promoters and music biz pros
August 29, 2007
Self-Worth & Your New Attitude
It reminded me of a lesson I've preached to indie artists before ...
You are so close to the things you create, you often don't realize their value. Your familiarity with your music causes you to take it for granted, in the same way I sometimes ignore the reach of my own books.
Don't discount yourself and what you create. Give yourself credit for the things you have accomplished and the value you offer the world. This was a great learning experience for me, and I hope it becomes one for you too.
Here's part of my revised bio:
"Bob Baker is a widely hailed music marketing expert, as well as an author, indie musician, and former music magazine editor ... He is the author of Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook, a book that has become the 'Bible' of music marketing -- so much so that it made a cameo appearance in the major motion picture The School of Rock, starring Jack Black."Sounds pretty cool, huh? To honor this new attitude, I'd like to give you a sample ebook of the recently revised and updated edition of the Guerrilla Music book. Just click this PDF link to open and download the first 19 pages of the book:
Learn more about this "widely hailed" resource here.
Note: As much as I'd like you to pay full price for the book at my web site, you can get the paperback on Amazon right now for only $19.77 (however, you won't get a personally autographed copy, as you would from my site). Details here.
The Nashville-Asheville Tour. Two inspiring workshops in two great cities in one fabulous week! Click here for details. Get more tips like these when you subscribe to my free Buzz Factor ezine — the longest running music career tips email newsletter on the planet. Since 1995. Learn more about the free subscription here.
Your email address will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Connect with Bob on Google+
FREE Music Tips Ezine
- Get Bob's Free Music Marketing Tips by Email. Find out more.
What About Bob?
Bob Baker is an author, speaker, teacher, indie musician and former music magazine editor dedicated to showing musicians of all kinds how to get exposure, connect with fans, sell more music, and increase their incomes.
Guerrilla Music Marketing Online
129 Free & Low-Cost Ways to Promote & Sell Your Music on the Internet
Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook:
201 Self-Promotion Ideas for Song-
writers, Musicians and Bands on a Budget
- Killer Music Press Kits
- Guerrilla Music Marketing, Encore Edition
- Killer Music Web Sites
- DIY Music Marketing for the Serious Musician
- How to Tap Into NACA and the Lucrative College Music Market
- Online Music PR Hot List
- How to Use Video to Promote Your Music Online
- 55 Ways to Promote & Sell Your Book on the Internet
- How to Publish Your Own Indie Book
- Unleash the Artist Within
Connect with Bob on
- The Indie Music Advantage
- Top 7 LOL Music Links
- Legendary Music Marketing: David Lee Roth Style
- Free Aug 20 Teleclass: How to Build an Indie Music...
- New Podcast: Music Business Team Reality Check
- Shocker: Local Indie Music Stores Grow
- The Power of Music Themes
- Webb Wilder on Joining the Van
- 5 Ideas That Will Rock Your Indie Music World
- Sum Yourself Up in One Sentence
Favorite Music Blogs
- DIY Musician
- Music Think Tank
- David Hooper
- Ariel Hyatt
- Derek Sivers
- Brian Thompson
- Michael Brandvold
- Artists House Music
- Bob Lefsetz
Copyright 2004-2013 Bob Baker