Bob Baker's The Buzz Factor
Music marketing tips and self-promotion ideas for independent songwriters, musicians and bands.
Music marketing ideas for DIY artists, managers, promoters and music biz pros
September 19, 2007
My New Berklee 'Music Marketing 101' Course
The 12-week course, called "Music Marketing 101," launches Oct. 1. In addition to creating the course, I will also be the online instructor. Read all about it on this page.
It's an honor to be part of the Berklee family. Quincy Jones, Melissa Etheridge, Aimee Mann, John Mayer, Diana Krall, Steve Vai, Donald Fagen, John Scofield, Bruce Cockburn, Kevin Eubanks and Branford Marsalis are just some of the high-profile names that have attended the school in Boston.
While I never imagined being a part of academia when I started on this path 15 years ago, it's immensely gratifying to be among such great company with such a powerhouse educational institution.
Don't worry, though. You won't have to start calling me Professor Baker. After all, the "guerrilla" music marketing guy has to keep his edge. But, come to think of it, "Dr. Bob" has a nice ring to it :-)
Again, check out the "Music Marketing 101" course description here. Or all of Berklee's great online course offerings on this page.
Did you enjoy this blog post? Subscribe now and get all of my newest ideas delivered by email or RSS feed. Learn how here. Get more tips like these when you subscribe to my free Buzz Factor ezine — the longest running music career tips email newsletter on the planet. Since 1995. Learn more about the free subscription here.
Your email address will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Connect with Bob on Google+
FREE Music Tips Ezine
- Get Bob's Free Music Marketing Tips by Email. Find out more.
What About Bob?
Bob Baker is an author, speaker, teacher, indie musician and former music magazine editor dedicated to showing musicians of all kinds how to get exposure, connect with fans, sell more music, and increase their incomes.
Guerrilla Music Marketing Online
129 Free & Low-Cost Ways to Promote & Sell Your Music on the Internet
Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook:
201 Self-Promotion Ideas for Song-
writers, Musicians and Bands on a Budget
- Killer Music Press Kits
- Guerrilla Music Marketing, Encore Edition
- Killer Music Web Sites
- DIY Music Marketing for the Serious Musician
- How to Tap Into NACA and the Lucrative College Music Market
- Online Music PR Hot List
- How to Use Video to Promote Your Music Online
- 55 Ways to Promote & Sell Your Book on the Internet
- How to Publish Your Own Indie Book
- Unleash the Artist Within
Connect with Bob on
- Put Your Fans in the Spotlight
- '7 Secrets' Workshop Comes to Chicago Oct 21
- 4 Indie Music Career Success Tips
- How to Get Media Exposure Online
- Self-Worth & Your New Attitude
- The Indie Music Advantage
- Top 7 LOL Music Links
- Legendary Music Marketing: David Lee Roth Style
- Free Aug 20 Teleclass: How to Build an Indie Music...
- New Podcast: Music Business Team Reality Check
Favorite Music Blogs
- DIY Musician
- Music Think Tank
- David Hooper
- Ariel Hyatt
- Derek Sivers
- Brian Thompson
- Michael Brandvold
- Artists House Music
- Bob Lefsetz
Copyright 2004-2013 Bob Baker