Bob Baker's The Buzz Factor
Music marketing tips and self-promotion ideas for independent songwriters, musicians and bands.
Music marketing ideas for DIY artists, managers, promoters and music biz pros
October 26, 2007
Why Chicago Music Rocks
Check out these photos, then read more notes and thank you's below. (The first four images were taken by Matt Dolinar of GetMadBaby.com. The last two were taken by Pooki.)
A big thanks to Helena Bouchez, the best PR-minded supporter an author could ever have. She worked her tookus off to spread the word in Chicago. For that I am extremely grateful. Thanks, Helena! (And, I hear she's a mean bass player.)
Thanks also to indie musician Phil Circle, who helped book the Actor's Studio venue. It was great seeing old pals Rob Gillis (of Waterdog Records), producer Michael Freeman, and Chicago Mike Beck. I really enjoyed meeting Dennis Snipe and being a guest on his FocusTalk radio show.
Met some new friends on this trip, including Maureen Herman of Fuzz.com (former Babes in Toyland bassist, who was a guest speaker), Randy Chertkow, Jason Feehan, Matt Dolinar, Paul Taneja, and Ian Narcisi.
In all, a great weekend in Chicago!
P.S. Check out this video clip from Chicago:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKkNwTW3ltE Get more tips like these when you subscribe to my free Buzz Factor ezine — the longest running music career tips email newsletter on the planet. Since 1995. Learn more about the free subscription here.
Your email address will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Connect with Bob on Google+
FREE Music Tips Ezine
- Get Bob's Free Music Marketing Tips by Email. Find out more.
What About Bob?
Bob Baker is an author, speaker, teacher, indie musician and former music magazine editor dedicated to showing musicians of all kinds how to get exposure, connect with fans, sell more music, and increase their incomes.
Guerrilla Music Marketing Online
129 Free & Low-Cost Ways to Promote & Sell Your Music on the Internet
Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook:
201 Self-Promotion Ideas for Song-
writers, Musicians and Bands on a Budget
- Killer Music Press Kits
- Guerrilla Music Marketing, Encore Edition
- Killer Music Web Sites
- DIY Music Marketing for the Serious Musician
- How to Tap Into NACA and the Lucrative College Music Market
- Online Music PR Hot List
- How to Use Video to Promote Your Music Online
- 55 Ways to Promote & Sell Your Book on the Internet
- How to Publish Your Own Indie Book
- Unleash the Artist Within
Connect with Bob on
- Shocking News About the Music Industry
- Free Oct 23 Teleclass on Profitable Music Niches
- Seth Godin on Radiohead & the Mediocre Middle
- Me in E! Online (or Bob and Britney, Together Agai...
- New 'Music PR Secrets' Podcast
- Create an Experience for Your Fans
- Radiohead & the Set Your Own Price Debate
- Dealing With Anti-Marketers
- My New Berklee 'Music Marketing 101' Course
- Put Your Fans in the Spotlight
Favorite Music Blogs
- DIY Musician
- Music Think Tank
- David Hooper
- Ariel Hyatt
- Derek Sivers
- Brian Thompson
- Michael Brandvold
- Artists House Music
- Bob Lefsetz
Copyright 2004-2013 Bob Baker