Bob Baker's The Buzz Factor
Music marketing tips and self-promotion ideas for independent songwriters, musicians and bands.
Music marketing ideas for DIY artists, managers, promoters and music biz pros
November 27, 2007
How to Sell 15,000 CDs in 18 Months
If the video player doesn't appear above, you can view it here:
Do the math. He makes more than $8,000 a month/about $275 an hour playing part-time. Some people doubt his sales figures (which would average 27 CD sales per hour). But, according to Terry, "that very doubt will keep them from manifesting the desired results."
It was a rare cloudy and windy day on the pier when we shot the video. Normally, it's sunny and crowded with tourists. When you consider that his tip bucket sits right below his CDs and sales sign (which allows people to drop ten buck in and take a CD while he's playing), he really could generate 25 or more CD sales per hour.
I have no way to verify Terry's claims, but I also have no reason to doubt him. What do you think?
Pardon my hair. The wind was giving me a nice Donald Trump effect :-)
Ready for a Major Publicity Boost? Check out the new Indie Music Publicity Bootcamp. Ariel Hyatt and I just released an in-depth home study course filled with insider secrets on how to reach the music media and get the exposure you deserve. Get more details here.
Did you enjoy this blog post? Subscribe now and get all of my newest ideas delivered by email or RSS feed. Learn how here. Get more tips like these when you subscribe to my free Buzz Factor ezine — the longest running music career tips email newsletter on the planet. Since 1995. Learn more about the free subscription here.
Your email address will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Connect with Bob on Google+
FREE Music Tips Ezine
- Get Bob's Free Music Marketing Tips by Email. Find out more.
What About Bob?
Bob Baker is an author, speaker, teacher, indie musician and former music magazine editor dedicated to showing musicians of all kinds how to get exposure, connect with fans, sell more music, and increase their incomes.
Guerrilla Music Marketing Online
129 Free & Low-Cost Ways to Promote & Sell Your Music on the Internet
Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook:
201 Self-Promotion Ideas for Song-
writers, Musicians and Bands on a Budget
- Killer Music Press Kits
- Guerrilla Music Marketing, Encore Edition
- Killer Music Web Sites
- DIY Music Marketing for the Serious Musician
- How to Tap Into NACA and the Lucrative College Music Market
- Online Music PR Hot List
- How to Use Video to Promote Your Music Online
- 55 Ways to Promote & Sell Your Book on the Internet
- How to Publish Your Own Indie Book
- Unleash the Artist Within
Connect with Bob on
- Fear & Uncertainty at 25,000 Feet
- Are You a Crap Magnet?
- Wampus Packs a Wallop
- Why Chicago Music Rocks
- Shocking News About the Music Industry
- Free Oct 23 Teleclass on Profitable Music Niches
- Seth Godin on Radiohead & the Mediocre Middle
- Me in E! Online (or Bob and Britney, Together Agai...
- New 'Music PR Secrets' Podcast
- Create an Experience for Your Fans
Favorite Music Blogs
- DIY Musician
- Music Think Tank
- David Hooper
- Ariel Hyatt
- Derek Sivers
- Brian Thompson
- Michael Brandvold
- Artists House Music
- Bob Lefsetz
Copyright 2004-2013 Bob Baker