Bob Baker's The Buzz Factor
Music marketing tips and self-promotion ideas for independent songwriters, musicians and bands.
Music marketing ideas for DIY artists, managers, promoters and music biz pros
January 02, 2008
2008: Jump-Start Your Music Career
There's something important I want you to watch and read. Monday night, before Pooki and I left for a New Year's Eve party, I recorded a special video clip. I just posted it on this page.
It's all about how you should be taking advantage of the new year. How the slate has been wiped clean -- and you now get a fresh start and a new chance to grow your career and share your music with the world.
The video also reveals one of the most unusual resources I've ever created. I'd love to know what you think. Watch and read it here.
In addition to that, here are a few books and blogs that will help you get focused and on track early in the new year:
Organizing for Your Brain Type: Finding Your Own Solution to Managing Time, Paper, and Stuff by Lanna Nakone and Arlene Taylor. It's scary how well they have me pegged, based on their brain type profile questions. No wonder I stack things. It's part of my DNA!
Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity by David Allen. Lots of great ideas in this best-selling book.
ZenHabits.net - Leo Babauta's wonderful blog of practical tips.
Lifehack.org - a site filled with tools and tricks to help you get things done.
Check out Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook, the classic guide to indie music promotion. Now revised and updated, with four new chapters on Internet and Web 2.0 music marketing. Get more details here.
Did you enjoy this blog post? Subscribe now and get all of my newest ideas delivered by email or RSS feed. Learn how here. Get more tips like these when you subscribe to my free Buzz Factor ezine — the longest running music career tips email newsletter on the planet. Since 1995. Learn more about the free subscription here.
Your email address will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Connect with Bob on Google+
FREE Music Tips Ezine
- Get Bob's Free Music Marketing Tips by Email. Find out more.
What About Bob?
Bob Baker is an author, speaker, teacher, indie musician and former music magazine editor dedicated to showing musicians of all kinds how to get exposure, connect with fans, sell more music, and increase their incomes.
Guerrilla Music Marketing Online
129 Free & Low-Cost Ways to Promote & Sell Your Music on the Internet
Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook:
201 Self-Promotion Ideas for Song-
writers, Musicians and Bands on a Budget
- Killer Music Press Kits
- Guerrilla Music Marketing, Encore Edition
- Killer Music Web Sites
- DIY Music Marketing for the Serious Musician
- How to Tap Into NACA and the Lucrative College Music Market
- Online Music PR Hot List
- How to Use Video to Promote Your Music Online
- 55 Ways to Promote & Sell Your Book on the Internet
- How to Publish Your Own Indie Book
- Unleash the Artist Within
Connect with Bob on
- Beyond MySpace and Facebook: Octopus Marketing
- 5 Music Web Site Design Tips
- Automate Your Music Marketing
- Book More Shows: The 10 Best Music Gig-Getting Boo...
- 90+ Essential Music and Audio Web Sites
- This Is Your Brain on Success
- TAXI Road Rally in LA: What You Missed
- How to Sell 15,000 CDs in 18 Months
- Fear & Uncertainty at 25,000 Feet
- Are You a Crap Magnet?
Favorite Music Blogs
- DIY Musician
- Music Think Tank
- David Hooper
- Ariel Hyatt
- Derek Sivers
- Brian Thompson
- Michael Brandvold
- Artists House Music
- Bob Lefsetz
Copyright 2004-2013 Bob Baker