Bob Baker's The Buzz Factor
Music marketing tips and self-promotion ideas for independent songwriters, musicians and bands.
Music marketing ideas for DIY artists, managers, promoters and music biz pros
May 22, 2008
Ariel Hyatt Web 2.0 Audio Interview
- Exactly what Web 2.0 is
- The top mistakes self-promoting artists make online
- Some great ways to build relationships on the Web
- The one surprising thing she did a few years ago that helped her triple her income
Download Part 1 here and Part 2 here.
This is the third in a series of free conference calls that preview the Indie Buzz Bootcamp music conference, which takes place June 20-22 in St. Louis, MO. Ariel and several other speakers (including Derek Sivers, Tom Jackson, Nancy Moran, John Taglieri, and yours truly) will be there to mentor you all weekend.
What are you waiting for?
Get all the details here: www.IndieBuzzBootcamp.com
Ariel Hyatt founded Ariel Publicity nearly 12 years ago. Her New York City-based company has publicized thousands of dates for touring bands, hosted hundreds of special events, and launched countless record release campaigns. An aggressive cheerleader for independent musicians, Ariel Publicity built its reputation by working primarily with indie artists.
In 2007 Ariel transformed her company into a 100% digital service called Cyber PR. The company gets bands exposure on podcasts, Internet radio stations, zines and blogs. Her staff matches artists to specific criteria based on genres (and locations for touring artists). Each campaign comes with an 8-week course on how artists can boost their own careers online and off.
Did you enjoy this blog post? Subscribe now and get all of my newest ideas delivered by email or RSS feed. Learn how here. Get more tips like these when you subscribe to my free Buzz Factor ezine — the longest running music career tips email newsletter on the planet. Since 1995. Learn more about the free subscription here.
Your email address will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Connect with Bob on Google+
FREE Music Tips Ezine
- Get Bob's Free Music Marketing Tips by Email. Find out more.
What About Bob?
Bob Baker is an author, speaker, teacher, indie musician and former music magazine editor dedicated to showing musicians of all kinds how to get exposure, connect with fans, sell more music, and increase their incomes.
Guerrilla Music Marketing Online
129 Free & Low-Cost Ways to Promote & Sell Your Music on the Internet
Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook:
201 Self-Promotion Ideas for Song-
writers, Musicians and Bands on a Budget
- Killer Music Press Kits
- Guerrilla Music Marketing, Encore Edition
- Killer Music Web Sites
- DIY Music Marketing for the Serious Musician
- How to Tap Into NACA and the Lucrative College Music Market
- Online Music PR Hot List
- How to Use Video to Promote Your Music Online
- 55 Ways to Promote & Sell Your Book on the Internet
- How to Publish Your Own Indie Book
- Unleash the Artist Within
Connect with Bob on
- Nancy Moran & John Taglieri: Audio Interview
- The New Indie Music Gatekeepers?
- Derek Sivers of CD Baby: Audio Interview
- Go Straight to the Fan!
- Tweeting Tenaciously on Twitter
- Twitter: I Get It Now (and So Should You)
- How to Create News Hooks and Story Ideas the Music...
- What Could You Learn From a Nashville Hit Songwrit...
- The Oprah Winfrey & Jerry Springer Guide to Person...
- Tom Jackson Joins Indie Buzz Bootcamp Lineup
Favorite Music Blogs
- DIY Musician
- Music Think Tank
- David Hooper
- Ariel Hyatt
- Derek Sivers
- Brian Thompson
- Michael Brandvold
- Artists House Music
- Bob Lefsetz
Copyright 2004-2013 Bob Baker