Bob Baker's The Buzz Factor
Music marketing tips and self-promotion ideas for independent songwriters, musicians and bands.
Music marketing ideas for DIY artists, managers, promoters and music biz pros
May 17, 2008
Derek Sivers of CD Baby: Audio Interview
We talked about how much the music business has evolved over the decade that CD Baby has been in existence (the site celebrated its 10-year anniversary in March). And we delved into how artists can stand out from the crowd with or without money, and why this continues to be an incredible era of opportunity for indie music acts.
The entire audio is free to download and share with as many people as you like. Our gift to you.
To download the file, place your cursor over the title below and right-click your mouse. Then select "save target as" or "save link as" to save it to your hard drive. Mac users: Control-click and select "Download link to disk." Note that the file is 20 megs.
Derek Sivers Interview (MP3 file, 20 megs)
You can also just listen online now, without downloading, using this streaming audio player:
This is the first in a series of free conference calls that preview the Indie Buzz Bootcamp music conference, which takes place June 20-22 in St. Louis, MO. Derek and several other speakers (including Ariel Hyatt, Tom Jackson, Nancy Moran, John Taglieri and yours truly) will be there all weekend.
Get full details at www.IndieBuzzBootcamp.com.
Check out Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook, the classic guide to indie music promotion. Now revised and updated, with four new chapters on Internet and Web 2.0 music marketing.
Did you enjoy this blog post? Subscribe now and get all of my newest ideas delivered by email or RSS feed. Learn how here. Get more tips like these when you subscribe to my free Buzz Factor ezine — the longest running music career tips email newsletter on the planet. Since 1995. Learn more about the free subscription here.
Your email address will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Connect with Bob on Google+
FREE Music Tips Ezine
- Get Bob's Free Music Marketing Tips by Email. Find out more.
What About Bob?
Bob Baker is an author, speaker, teacher, indie musician and former music magazine editor dedicated to showing musicians of all kinds how to get exposure, connect with fans, sell more music, and increase their incomes.
Guerrilla Music Marketing Online
129 Free & Low-Cost Ways to Promote & Sell Your Music on the Internet
Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook:
201 Self-Promotion Ideas for Song-
writers, Musicians and Bands on a Budget
- Killer Music Press Kits
- Guerrilla Music Marketing, Encore Edition
- Killer Music Web Sites
- DIY Music Marketing for the Serious Musician
- How to Tap Into NACA and the Lucrative College Music Market
- Online Music PR Hot List
- How to Use Video to Promote Your Music Online
- 55 Ways to Promote & Sell Your Book on the Internet
- How to Publish Your Own Indie Book
- Unleash the Artist Within
Connect with Bob on
- Go Straight to the Fan!
- Tweeting Tenaciously on Twitter
- Twitter: I Get It Now (and So Should You)
- How to Create News Hooks and Story Ideas the Music...
- What Could You Learn From a Nashville Hit Songwrit...
- The Oprah Winfrey & Jerry Springer Guide to Person...
- Tom Jackson Joins Indie Buzz Bootcamp Lineup
- Internet Music Marketing: New Podcast
- Passive Music Income & Fan Choices
- MySpace Haters & Corporate Conspiracies
Favorite Music Blogs
- DIY Musician
- Music Think Tank
- David Hooper
- Ariel Hyatt
- Derek Sivers
- Brian Thompson
- Michael Brandvold
- Artists House Music
- Bob Lefsetz
Copyright 2004-2013 Bob Baker