Bob Baker's The Buzz Factor
Music marketing tips and self-promotion ideas for independent songwriters, musicians and bands.
Music marketing ideas for DIY artists, managers, promoters and music biz pros
May 12, 2008
How to Create News Hooks and Story Ideas the Music Media Love
I'm looking for 15 to 20 people who want to work directly with me to kick their music publicity into high gear. If you attend this intimate workshop -- the first I've ever done exactly like this -- I will help you craft a customized plan to reach more editors, music journalists, bloggers and podcasters.
Get all the details on this special page.
Many people don't know this, but for 10 years I published and served as managing editor of a music magazine in the Midwest. During that decade I was on the receiving end of every type of music news pitch you can imagine. Phone calls, emails, letters and live conversations with thousands of people who were seeking exposure in my magazine.
But here's the sad truth ...
Click here to read more.
P.S. Seats are filling up and time is running out to attend the first Indie Buzz Bootcamp weekend music conference. Experience first-hand access to speakers such as Derek Sivers, Ariel Hyatt, Tom Jackson, yours truly and more. Get all the details here ... quickly!
Check out Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook, the classic guide to indie music promotion. Now revised and updated, with four new chapters on Internet and Web 2.0 music marketing.
Did you enjoy this blog post? Subscribe now and get all of my newest ideas delivered by email or RSS feed. Learn how here. Get more tips like these when you subscribe to my free Buzz Factor ezine — the longest running music career tips email newsletter on the planet. Since 1995. Learn more about the free subscription here.
Your email address will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Connect with Bob on Google+
FREE Music Tips Ezine
- Get Bob's Free Music Marketing Tips by Email. Find out more.
What About Bob?
Bob Baker is an author, speaker, teacher, indie musician and former music magazine editor dedicated to showing musicians of all kinds how to get exposure, connect with fans, sell more music, and increase their incomes.
Guerrilla Music Marketing Online
129 Free & Low-Cost Ways to Promote & Sell Your Music on the Internet
Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook:
201 Self-Promotion Ideas for Song-
writers, Musicians and Bands on a Budget
- Killer Music Press Kits
- Guerrilla Music Marketing, Encore Edition
- Killer Music Web Sites
- DIY Music Marketing for the Serious Musician
- How to Tap Into NACA and the Lucrative College Music Market
- Online Music PR Hot List
- How to Use Video to Promote Your Music Online
- 55 Ways to Promote & Sell Your Book on the Internet
- How to Publish Your Own Indie Book
- Unleash the Artist Within
Connect with Bob on
- What Could You Learn From a Nashville Hit Songwrit...
- The Oprah Winfrey & Jerry Springer Guide to Person...
- Tom Jackson Joins Indie Buzz Bootcamp Lineup
- Internet Music Marketing: New Podcast
- Passive Music Income & Fan Choices
- MySpace Haters & Corporate Conspiracies
- 'MySpace Music' to Take On iTunes
- Jay-Z Live Nation $150 Million Deal
- Berkleemusic's Spring Term Starts April 7
- Indie Buzz Bootcamp - Tickets On Sale Now
Favorite Music Blogs
- DIY Musician
- Music Think Tank
- David Hooper
- Ariel Hyatt
- Derek Sivers
- Brian Thompson
- Michael Brandvold
- Artists House Music
- Bob Lefsetz
Copyright 2004-2013 Bob Baker