Bob Baker's The Buzz Factor
Music marketing tips and self-promotion ideas for independent songwriters, musicians and bands.
Music marketing ideas for DIY artists, managers, promoters and music biz pros
May 15, 2008
Tweeting Tenaciously on Twitter
- Derek Sivers of CD Baby is my guest tonight on a free conference call. Should be a good one.
- StickersAndMore.com is giving away cool music merch packages at the June Bootcamp. Awesome! www.IndieBuzzBootcamp.com
- "People do business with people they know and like." From "Never Eat Alone" by Keith Ferrazzi, www.tinyurl.com/5u434q - great advice!
- Amazon just announced a new MP3 Clips Widget. Check out www.tinyurl.com/597uot
- Attended the St. Louis Publishers Assoc meeting tonight. David Strom talked about blogging basics and Web 2.0 101. Or is it Web 101 2.0?
- Just finished editing the transcript for a college campus music gig booking audio for indie musicians. Great info. Stay tuned.
- 5 people have signed up for my LA music "news hooks & story ideas" workshop. I just announced it yesterday! Details: www.tinyurl.com/2aax4s
- Question: What have you done for your fans today?
- @innergypsy has a great USP: "acoustic world beat pop music with a gypsy soul" - nice!
- Just blogged about my new insight on Twitter. Now I'm Twittering about my blog ... about Twitter. Hmm ...
- Listening to Norma MacDonald, a singer we met in Halifax last year. This girl is good! Check out www.myspace.com/normamacdonald
- Just got back from nametag guy Scott Ginsberg's after prepping for our Buzz & WOMM class at Pub U in LA May 29 - www.tinyurl.com/6mkvj6
- Thanks to @jmoonah for the "These Brands Build Community" article link. Great lessons for indie artists. www.tinyurl.com/6mgshf
- We met Ziggy cartoonist Tom Wilson Jr a couple months ago. Just posted the pic of @Pooki and me with him: www.tinyurl.com/65vx9l - way cool
Make the most of the world's biggest social networking web site with this great primer on MySpace Music Marketing. Available in paperback or ebook format. Get more details here.
Did you enjoy this blog post? Subscribe now and get all of my newest ideas delivered by email or RSS feed. Learn how here. Get more tips like these when you subscribe to my free Buzz Factor ezine — the longest running music career tips email newsletter on the planet. Since 1995. Learn more about the free subscription here.
Your email address will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Connect with Bob on Google+
FREE Music Tips Ezine
- Get Bob's Free Music Marketing Tips by Email. Find out more.
What About Bob?
Bob Baker is an author, speaker, teacher, indie musician and former music magazine editor dedicated to showing musicians of all kinds how to get exposure, connect with fans, sell more music, and increase their incomes.
Guerrilla Music Marketing Online
129 Free & Low-Cost Ways to Promote & Sell Your Music on the Internet
Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook:
201 Self-Promotion Ideas for Song-
writers, Musicians and Bands on a Budget
- Killer Music Press Kits
- Guerrilla Music Marketing, Encore Edition
- Killer Music Web Sites
- DIY Music Marketing for the Serious Musician
- How to Tap Into NACA and the Lucrative College Music Market
- Online Music PR Hot List
- How to Use Video to Promote Your Music Online
- 55 Ways to Promote & Sell Your Book on the Internet
- How to Publish Your Own Indie Book
- Unleash the Artist Within
Connect with Bob on
- Twitter: I Get It Now (and So Should You)
- How to Create News Hooks and Story Ideas the Music...
- What Could You Learn From a Nashville Hit Songwrit...
- The Oprah Winfrey & Jerry Springer Guide to Person...
- Tom Jackson Joins Indie Buzz Bootcamp Lineup
- Internet Music Marketing: New Podcast
- Passive Music Income & Fan Choices
- MySpace Haters & Corporate Conspiracies
- 'MySpace Music' to Take On iTunes
- Jay-Z Live Nation $150 Million Deal
Favorite Music Blogs
- DIY Musician
- Music Think Tank
- David Hooper
- Ariel Hyatt
- Derek Sivers
- Brian Thompson
- Michael Brandvold
- Artists House Music
- Bob Lefsetz
Copyright 2004-2013 Bob Baker