Bob Baker's The Buzz Factor
Music marketing tips and self-promotion ideas for independent songwriters, musicians and bands.
Music marketing ideas for DIY artists, managers, promoters and music biz pros
May 05, 2008
What Could You Learn From a Nashville Hit Songwriter?
Our friend RyLee Madison, who is bringing her renowned "Behind the Song Cafe" to the Bootcamp during the Saturday night dinner, was able to recruit hit songwriter Wil Nance to join her.
Wil recently hit the top of the Billboard charts with his Brad Paisley hit "She's Everything." He also penned Paisley's song "Hard to Say Hello." Wil received a BMI award for "Round About Way," a #1 hit single for George Strait which appeared on a few Strait albums that racked up more than seven million sales and counting. He also received a BMI Award for his Joe Nichols single "Cool to Be a Fool."
In addition to performing as part of the "Behind the Song Cafe," Wil will hang around that weekend and be available for songwriting mentoring. I also hope to find a slot where he can present a bonus session on songwriting.
You may not aspire to be a country music songwriter, but no matter what career path you take with your music, you can always benefit from knowing how to write stronger songs that connect with your audience.
And this is on top of the already full schedule of events at the Indie Buzz Bootcamp.
Registrations for the June Bootcamp have really picked up in recent weeks, and I expect that trend to continue throughout May. So if you want to be one of the exclusive group of 150 who attends, there's no time like the present.
See the latest and register today at www.IndieBuzzBootcamp.com.
Register now and get discounted tickets!
Want to create a music buzz online? Check out my special report 70 Ways to Promote and Sell Your Music on the Internet.
Did you enjoy this blog post? Subscribe now and get all of my newest ideas delivered by email or RSS feed. Learn how here. Get more tips like these when you subscribe to my free Buzz Factor ezine — the longest running music career tips email newsletter on the planet. Since 1995. Learn more about the free subscription here.
Your email address will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Connect with Bob on Google+
FREE Music Tips Ezine
- Get Bob's Free Music Marketing Tips by Email. Find out more.
What About Bob?
Bob Baker is an author, speaker, teacher, indie musician and former music magazine editor dedicated to showing musicians of all kinds how to get exposure, connect with fans, sell more music, and increase their incomes.
Guerrilla Music Marketing Online
129 Free & Low-Cost Ways to Promote & Sell Your Music on the Internet
Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook:
201 Self-Promotion Ideas for Song-
writers, Musicians and Bands on a Budget
- Killer Music Press Kits
- Guerrilla Music Marketing, Encore Edition
- Killer Music Web Sites
- DIY Music Marketing for the Serious Musician
- How to Tap Into NACA and the Lucrative College Music Market
- Online Music PR Hot List
- How to Use Video to Promote Your Music Online
- 55 Ways to Promote & Sell Your Book on the Internet
- How to Publish Your Own Indie Book
- Unleash the Artist Within
Connect with Bob on
- The Oprah Winfrey & Jerry Springer Guide to Person...
- Tom Jackson Joins Indie Buzz Bootcamp Lineup
- Internet Music Marketing: New Podcast
- Passive Music Income & Fan Choices
- MySpace Haters & Corporate Conspiracies
- 'MySpace Music' to Take On iTunes
- Jay-Z Live Nation $150 Million Deal
- Berkleemusic's Spring Term Starts April 7
- Indie Buzz Bootcamp - Tickets On Sale Now
- Terry Prince Teleclass March 31
Favorite Music Blogs
- DIY Musician
- Music Think Tank
- David Hooper
- Ariel Hyatt
- Derek Sivers
- Brian Thompson
- Michael Brandvold
- Artists House Music
- Bob Lefsetz
Copyright 2004-2013 Bob Baker