Bob Baker's The Buzz Factor
Music marketing tips and self-promotion ideas for independent songwriters, musicians and bands.
Music marketing ideas for DIY artists, managers, promoters and music biz pros
June 11, 2008
Guess Who I Met in LA Last Week?
Three days at IBPA's Publishing University, where I taught three classes and hung out with some great people, and two days at Book Expo America, the book industry's biggest event in the US.
I just posted some pics from Pub U and BEA on Flickr (including some with Alec Baldwin and Dean Koontz). Go there now to see who I ran into.
A big thanks to Luke, Leanne, Dennis, Renee, Lea Marie, Geri and Cynthia for attending my music publicity workshop June 1. We had a blast. It was also great to share lunch with John Braheny and his wife JoAnn.
Next we picked up my daughter Kelli and spent four more days in San Diego, two of them at Sea World. As much fun as we had, it never felt so good to be back in our own bed last Thursday night.
But there would be no rest for us. The next day we jumped into the 48-Hour Film Project and once again hosted the 17-member cast and crew at our house. Another wild ride that was over when our 7-minute film was turned in on time Sunday night.
Time to chill? Oh no. We have this little Bootcamp event coming next week that you may have heard me mention before :-) Oh, then there's a family wedding the weekend after that.
I think I'll sleep the entire month of July to recuperate :-)
Final Days to Get Tickets!
Want to create a music buzz online? Check out my special report 70 Ways to Promote and Sell Your Music on the Internet.
Did you enjoy this blog post? Subscribe now and get all of my newest ideas delivered by email or RSS feed. Learn how here. Get more tips like these when you subscribe to my free Buzz Factor ezine — the longest running music career tips email newsletter on the planet. Since 1995. Learn more about the free subscription here.
Your email address will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Connect with Bob on Google+
FREE Music Tips Ezine
- Get Bob's Free Music Marketing Tips by Email. Find out more.
What About Bob?
Bob Baker is an author, speaker, teacher, indie musician and former music magazine editor dedicated to showing musicians of all kinds how to get exposure, connect with fans, sell more music, and increase their incomes.
Guerrilla Music Marketing Online
129 Free & Low-Cost Ways to Promote & Sell Your Music on the Internet
Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook:
201 Self-Promotion Ideas for Song-
writers, Musicians and Bands on a Budget
- Killer Music Press Kits
- Guerrilla Music Marketing, Encore Edition
- Killer Music Web Sites
- DIY Music Marketing for the Serious Musician
- How to Tap Into NACA and the Lucrative College Music Market
- Online Music PR Hot List
- How to Use Video to Promote Your Music Online
- 55 Ways to Promote & Sell Your Book on the Internet
- How to Publish Your Own Indie Book
- Unleash the Artist Within
Connect with Bob on
- The Lucrative College Music Market: How to Tap Int...
- Ariel Hyatt Web 2.0 Audio Interview
- Nancy Moran & John Taglieri: Audio Interview
- The New Indie Music Gatekeepers?
- Derek Sivers of CD Baby: Audio Interview
- Go Straight to the Fan!
- Tweeting Tenaciously on Twitter
- Twitter: I Get It Now (and So Should You)
- How to Create News Hooks and Story Ideas the Music...
- What Could You Learn From a Nashville Hit Songwrit...
Favorite Music Blogs
- DIY Musician
- Music Think Tank
- David Hooper
- Ariel Hyatt
- Derek Sivers
- Brian Thompson
- Michael Brandvold
- Artists House Music
- Bob Lefsetz
Copyright 2004-2013 Bob Baker