Bob Baker's The Buzz Factor
Music marketing tips and self-promotion ideas for independent songwriters, musicians and bands.
Music marketing ideas for DIY artists, managers, promoters and music biz pros
July 25, 2008
What Is MySpace Up to Now?
In recent weeks, MySpace has started hyping a new way for independent acts to advertise on the mega site. The new service, called "Find Your Fans," works a lot like Google AdWords.
"Your ad will run on MySpace and be targeted to the users that you have chosen. Your ad will continue to run until your campaign has reached the maximum spending limit or the scheduled end date you have set for the campaign.How much does it cost?
"You do not pay for your ad to simply appear on MySpace. You are only charged when someone clicks on your ad."
"The minimum spend for a campaign is only $25. You only pay when someone clicks on your ad and visits your profile (.25 cents for each click). You tell us how much you're willing to spend upfront, so you'll never spend more than planned."Where will my ads be shown?
"Your ad will be shown across the entire MySpace site. You choose who you want to see your ad, and we make sure only the individuals matching that profile see your campaign."I have no idea what kind of results anyone has gotten yet, but it sounds interesting. Read more about it here.
And if you've used it and have some feedback to report, please leave a comment below.
Of course, for non-advertising strategies, check out my popular MySpace Music Marketing book.
P.S. Get FREE access to my special report 4 Ways to Attract More Music Fans Faster and hundreds of other music career tips, tools and resources. Go grab your free music stuff now. Get more tips like these when you subscribe to my free Buzz Factor ezine — the longest running music career tips email newsletter on the planet. Since 1995. Learn more about the free subscription here.
Your email address will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Connect with Bob on Google+
FREE Music Tips Ezine
- Get Bob's Free Music Marketing Tips by Email. Find out more.
What About Bob?
Bob Baker is an author, speaker, teacher, indie musician and former music magazine editor dedicated to showing musicians of all kinds how to get exposure, connect with fans, sell more music, and increase their incomes.
Guerrilla Music Marketing Online
129 Free & Low-Cost Ways to Promote & Sell Your Music on the Internet
Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook:
201 Self-Promotion Ideas for Song-
writers, Musicians and Bands on a Budget
- Killer Music Press Kits
- Guerrilla Music Marketing, Encore Edition
- Killer Music Web Sites
- DIY Music Marketing for the Serious Musician
- How to Tap Into NACA and the Lucrative College Music Market
- Online Music PR Hot List
- How to Use Video to Promote Your Music Online
- 55 Ways to Promote & Sell Your Book on the Internet
- How to Publish Your Own Indie Book
- Unleash the Artist Within
Connect with Bob on
- Jonas Brothers: Be Famous to Someone
- Are You Breaking the Law?
- Just Stop It!
- Your Best Recession-Proof Music Tips Wanted
- Tough Love From John Taglieri & Nancy Moran
- Derek Sivers of CD Baby on Perfection
- Ariel Hyatt & Bob Baker on Music Marketing & Sales...
- What Really Happened at Indie Buzz Bootcamp?
- Guess Who I Met in LA Last Week?
- The Lucrative College Music Market: How to Tap Int...
Favorite Music Blogs
- DIY Musician
- Music Think Tank
- David Hooper
- Ariel Hyatt
- Derek Sivers
- Brian Thompson
- Michael Brandvold
- Artists House Music
- Bob Lefsetz
Copyright 2004-2013 Bob Baker