Bob Baker's The Buzz Factor
Music marketing tips and self-promotion ideas for independent songwriters, musicians and bands.
Music marketing ideas for DIY artists, managers, promoters and music biz pros
July 15, 2008
Your Best Recession-Proof Music Tips Wanted
You've read the headlines about touring bands having to cut back. You've paid high prices at the pump. Perhaps you've directly felt the pinch of rising costs and a slow summer economy.
So, how are you working through it? What are you doing to make the most of it?
If I can compile enough tips from smart people like you, I'll publish and distribute a free ebook filled with ways to cut down on expenses and weather the current economic climate.
Send me your best tips on saving money, stretching a dollar, and reaching fans in creative new ways. Especially if you refuse to be a victim of the group "recession consciousness," I want to hear from you.
Post your best economy-busting strategies and ideas in the Comments section below, send me an email, or contact me via the sites in the right hand column of this page.
Ready to turbo-charge your music marketing campaign? Check out all the new Crash Course packages on Music Marketing, Music Publicity, and Internet Promotion at TheBuzzFactor.com.
Did you enjoy this blog post? Subscribe now and get all of my newest ideas delivered by email or RSS feed. Learn how here. Get more tips like these when you subscribe to my free Buzz Factor ezine — the longest running music career tips email newsletter on the planet. Since 1995. Learn more about the free subscription here.
Your email address will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Connect with Bob on Google+
FREE Music Tips Ezine
- Get Bob's Free Music Marketing Tips by Email. Find out more.
What About Bob?
Bob Baker is an author, speaker, teacher, indie musician and former music magazine editor dedicated to showing musicians of all kinds how to get exposure, connect with fans, sell more music, and increase their incomes.
Guerrilla Music Marketing Online
129 Free & Low-Cost Ways to Promote & Sell Your Music on the Internet
Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook:
201 Self-Promotion Ideas for Song-
writers, Musicians and Bands on a Budget
- Killer Music Press Kits
- Guerrilla Music Marketing, Encore Edition
- Killer Music Web Sites
- DIY Music Marketing for the Serious Musician
- How to Tap Into NACA and the Lucrative College Music Market
- Online Music PR Hot List
- How to Use Video to Promote Your Music Online
- 55 Ways to Promote & Sell Your Book on the Internet
- How to Publish Your Own Indie Book
- Unleash the Artist Within
Connect with Bob on
- Tough Love From John Taglieri & Nancy Moran
- Derek Sivers of CD Baby on Perfection
- Ariel Hyatt & Bob Baker on Music Marketing & Sales...
- What Really Happened at Indie Buzz Bootcamp?
- Guess Who I Met in LA Last Week?
- The Lucrative College Music Market: How to Tap Int...
- Ariel Hyatt Web 2.0 Audio Interview
- Nancy Moran & John Taglieri: Audio Interview
- The New Indie Music Gatekeepers?
- Derek Sivers of CD Baby: Audio Interview
Favorite Music Blogs
- DIY Musician
- Music Think Tank
- David Hooper
- Ariel Hyatt
- Derek Sivers
- Brian Thompson
- Michael Brandvold
- Artists House Music
- Bob Lefsetz
Copyright 2004-2013 Bob Baker