Bob Baker's The Buzz Factor
Music marketing tips and self-promotion ideas for independent songwriters, musicians and bands.
Music marketing ideas for DIY artists, managers, promoters and music biz pros
August 04, 2008
YouTube Mega Hits: Avril Lavigne, Rihanna, Alicia Keys & Fred
In fact, of the top 10 most viewed YouTube videos of all time, seven of them are music related. Rihanna's "Don't Stop the Music" is #4 with 64 million views, Timbaland's "Apologize" is #5 with 62 million, Alicia Keys' "No One" is #6 with 61 million.
Even "Fred" Gets 24 Million YouTube Views
Have you heard about the latest YouTube video sensation? His name is Fred, a "6-year-old with anger management issues" played by 14-year-old Lucas Cruikshank from Nebraska.
In just the last few months, Fred burst onto the video scene and now boasts 359,000 subscribers. Check out www.youtube.com/Fred to see what the buzz is about.
His most popular video, Fred Loses His Meds, has been viewed 7.4 million times in two months. Amazing. It's just the latest example of how a clever idea -- musical or otherwise -- can spread online.
Your mileage may vary, of course. You probably won't get mega millions of people watching your stuff. But what if you could get just 10,000 people to watch one of your videos? Would you be happy with that?
I think so. The question is: What can you do that's clever, amazing, funny, sexy, cute or remarkable enough to inspire people to send emails to their friends saying, "You have got to check out this video!"?
That's the million dollar question.
P.S. For more ideas on this topic, check out my special report, How to Use Video to Promote Your Music Online.
Here's just some of what you'll find in this resource:
- 9 ways to produce music videos on a shoestring budget
- 4 places to find indie film directors who will produce your music videos for free
- How to get fans to create your music videos for you
- 14 Music Video Themes you can use to create clips your fans will love (many of these will surprise you)
- 28 places to host and stream your videos online at no cost
Your email address will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Connect with Bob on Google+
FREE Music Tips Ezine
- Get Bob's Free Music Marketing Tips by Email. Find out more.
What About Bob?
Bob Baker is an author, speaker, teacher, indie musician and former music magazine editor dedicated to showing musicians of all kinds how to get exposure, connect with fans, sell more music, and increase their incomes.
Guerrilla Music Marketing Online
129 Free & Low-Cost Ways to Promote & Sell Your Music on the Internet
Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook:
201 Self-Promotion Ideas for Song-
writers, Musicians and Bands on a Budget
- Killer Music Press Kits
- Guerrilla Music Marketing, Encore Edition
- Killer Music Web Sites
- DIY Music Marketing for the Serious Musician
- How to Tap Into NACA and the Lucrative College Music Market
- Online Music PR Hot List
- How to Use Video to Promote Your Music Online
- 55 Ways to Promote & Sell Your Book on the Internet
- How to Publish Your Own Indie Book
- Unleash the Artist Within
Connect with Bob on
- Does Your Live Show Suck?
- Book a New Music Gig - Tonight!
- What Is MySpace Up to Now?
- Jonas Brothers: Be Famous to Someone
- Are You Breaking the Law?
- Just Stop It!
- Your Best Recession-Proof Music Tips Wanted
- Tough Love From John Taglieri & Nancy Moran
- Derek Sivers of CD Baby on Perfection
- Ariel Hyatt & Bob Baker on Music Marketing & Sales...
Favorite Music Blogs
- DIY Musician
- Music Think Tank
- David Hooper
- Ariel Hyatt
- Derek Sivers
- Brian Thompson
- Michael Brandvold
- Artists House Music
- Bob Lefsetz
Copyright 2004-2013 Bob Baker