Bob Baker's The Buzz Factor
Music marketing tips and self-promotion ideas for independent songwriters, musicians and bands.
Music marketing ideas for DIY artists, managers, promoters and music biz pros
October 20, 2008
The Do-It-Yourself Music Interview
Here's how ...
Imagine your ideal interview. What questions would you like the interviewer to ask you? What sort of fascinating answers would you provide to amaze and inspire readers? Have some fun thinking this through.
Next, write out your fantasy questions and answers. But don't ramble about everything under the sun. Stay focused on your musical identity and why people should care about you and your songs. Make your responses lively, interesting, and maybe even a little shocking and controversial.
Take this self-produced Q&A and put it in your press kit and on your web site, or use it as a stand-alone item sent to the media. Journalists will use it to learn more about the artist behind the music, and they may very well use your quotes in the articles they write about you.
This tip comes from Guerrilla Music Marketing, Encore Edition: 201 More Self-Promotion Ideas, Tips & Tactics for Do-It-Yourself Artists
Check out the amazing things people are saying about the ideas in this book. Get more tips like these when you subscribe to my free Buzz Factor ezine — the longest running music career tips email newsletter on the planet. Since 1995. Learn more about the free subscription here.
Your email address will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Connect with Bob on Google+
FREE Music Tips Ezine
- Get Bob's Free Music Marketing Tips by Email. Find out more.
What About Bob?
Bob Baker is an author, speaker, teacher, indie musician and former music magazine editor dedicated to showing musicians of all kinds how to get exposure, connect with fans, sell more music, and increase their incomes.
Guerrilla Music Marketing Online
129 Free & Low-Cost Ways to Promote & Sell Your Music on the Internet
Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook:
201 Self-Promotion Ideas for Song-
writers, Musicians and Bands on a Budget
- Killer Music Press Kits
- Guerrilla Music Marketing, Encore Edition
- Killer Music Web Sites
- DIY Music Marketing for the Serious Musician
- How to Tap Into NACA and the Lucrative College Music Market
- Online Music PR Hot List
- How to Use Video to Promote Your Music Online
- 55 Ways to Promote & Sell Your Book on the Internet
- How to Publish Your Own Indie Book
- Unleash the Artist Within
Connect with Bob on
- Sell a Lot More Music & Merch for $7
- Hollywood Launch a New Music Release
- How to Thrive With Music in a Down Economy
- What Are Your Top 3 Things?
- You Can Prosper With Your Music - Even in This Eco...
- Guerrilla Marketing on the Front Lines
- Using Google as a Marketing Tool
- Best Way to Promote Music on a Budget
- How to Learn More About the Music Biz
- The Art of Simple Music Web Design
Favorite Music Blogs
- DIY Musician
- Music Think Tank
- David Hooper
- Ariel Hyatt
- Derek Sivers
- Brian Thompson
- Michael Brandvold
- Artists House Music
- Bob Lefsetz
Copyright 2004-2013 Bob Baker