Bob Baker's The Buzz Factor
Music marketing tips and self-promotion ideas for independent songwriters, musicians and bands.
Music marketing ideas for DIY artists, managers, promoters and music biz pros
October 15, 2008
Hollywood Launch a New Music Release
According to this page on the 37 Signals web site, it boils down to three steps:
Read it for more details, but I think there's a lot that can be applied to music here.
Bottom line: Promotion shouldn't start the day the CDs arrive from the manufacturer (or the songs are available on iTunes). A whole string of activities can take place in the weeks and months leading up to the "for sale" date.
Thanks to Nashville musician Christopher Joel for turning me on to this concept!
Get your FREE copy of my Music Marketing Secrets special report. It shows you how to get more exposure, attract more fans, and sell more music! Go here to grab your copy now ... Get more tips like these when you subscribe to my free Buzz Factor ezine — the longest running music career tips email newsletter on the planet. Since 1995. Learn more about the free subscription here.
Your email address will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Connect with Bob on Google+
FREE Music Tips Ezine
- Get Bob's Free Music Marketing Tips by Email. Find out more.
What About Bob?
Bob Baker is an author, speaker, teacher, indie musician and former music magazine editor dedicated to showing musicians of all kinds how to get exposure, connect with fans, sell more music, and increase their incomes.
Guerrilla Music Marketing Online
129 Free & Low-Cost Ways to Promote & Sell Your Music on the Internet
Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook:
201 Self-Promotion Ideas for Song-
writers, Musicians and Bands on a Budget
- Killer Music Press Kits
- Guerrilla Music Marketing, Encore Edition
- Killer Music Web Sites
- DIY Music Marketing for the Serious Musician
- How to Tap Into NACA and the Lucrative College Music Market
- Online Music PR Hot List
- How to Use Video to Promote Your Music Online
- 55 Ways to Promote & Sell Your Book on the Internet
- How to Publish Your Own Indie Book
- Unleash the Artist Within
Connect with Bob on
- How to Thrive With Music in a Down Economy
- What Are Your Top 3 Things?
- You Can Prosper With Your Music - Even in This Eco...
- Guerrilla Marketing on the Front Lines
- Using Google as a Marketing Tool
- Best Way to Promote Music on a Budget
- How to Learn More About the Music Biz
- The Art of Simple Music Web Design
- My Best Music Success Advice
- The Power of Habits (Don't Make This Mistake)
Favorite Music Blogs
- DIY Musician
- Music Think Tank
- David Hooper
- Ariel Hyatt
- Derek Sivers
- Brian Thompson
- Michael Brandvold
- Artists House Music
- Bob Lefsetz
Copyright 2004-2013 Bob Baker