Bob Baker's The Buzz Factor
Music marketing tips and self-promotion ideas for independent songwriters, musicians and bands.
Music marketing ideas for DIY artists, managers, promoters and music biz pros
October 16, 2008
Sell a Lot More Music & Merch for $7
On one end of the spectrum is free stuff -- for you that might be free MP3 downloads and video clips; for me it's this blog, my free ezine, podcast, articles, etc.
Way on the other end you'd have your highest price offerings -- corporate gigs, licensing, and sponsorship deals for bands; and more expensive home study packages, online courses, and consulting services for authors like me.
In the middle is another range of options -- you sell CDs, merch, and admissions to live shows; I sell books, special reports, audio programs, and live workshops.
It's good to give people various points of entry like this. You don't want to price everything so low that you become the Wal-Mart of your genre or field. And you don't want to overprice everything and scare people away before they've even had a chance to sample what you do.
How can you apply this concept to your situation?
Make a list, from free to very expensive, of all the music products and services you can offer. Then be sure to make your fans and business partners aware of the various options they have to experience and enjoy you.
I'll practice what I preach right now ...
Last month, Nick Nanton and I launched a new resource called 7 Secrets to Making Real Money with Your Music. It's available as both an online course and a physical product that comes in a binder with two audio CDs.
And it's not cheap. The online version alone is $77. And I think it's worth every penny.
But not everyone can afford (or they convince themselves they are not worthy of) that amount of money.
And that's fine. Not everything you create will be suited for everyone. We produced this title for serious music makers who are ready to take their passions to a higher and more profitable level.
I know that in the current economic climate, there's a great need for ideas on how to spark new sources of music income. So here's what I'm doing to satisfy people on the other end of the spectrum:
I'm making a 39-page section of my Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook available for just $7.
The section is called "Guerrilla Music Money & Sales" and includes the following chapters ...
- 39 Ways to Sell a Lot More of Your CDs, DVDs and Music Merchandise. One solid idea after another on how to boost your CD and merchandise sales. Includes a list of the top web sites and e-commerce channels where you can sell your music worldwide.
- The Easiest Way to Make Money in the Music Business. Stop buying into the "starving musician" stereotype. The most prosperous musicians use this technique to support themselves. Here's what you need to do to thrive in the music business.
- 25 Ways to Finance Your Next Recording Project, Music Video or Major Equipment Purchase. It's one of the age-old music biz challenges: how to overcome a lack of money. Use these ideas to make, save and raise the extra cash you need.
- How to Double Your CD Sales (in 90 Days or Less). Want to sell a lot more of your music? Here's what the smart indie artists are doing to profit from their hard work and creativity.
Click here to order it now.
There you go. If 7 Secrets to Making Real Money with Your Music is out of your range right now, I understand. I've been there myself before.
Then take me up on this offer to get a ton of money-making music tips packed into these 39 pages -- for only $7. Click this link to order.
Note: If you already own the Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook, you already have this section. But if you don't, it's a great way to get a very inexpensive taste of the great ideas contained in my best-selling book.
If you want the entire Guerrilla Music book, the PDF download is only $24.95, and the paperback is $29.95 plus shipping.
See? I just gave you a number of options to get more involved in my world and come play with me. Do the same thing with your fans.
Variety is the spice, baby!
-Bob Get more tips like these when you subscribe to my free Buzz Factor ezine — the longest running music career tips email newsletter on the planet. Since 1995. Learn more about the free subscription here.
Your email address will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Connect with Bob on Google+
FREE Music Tips Ezine
- Get Bob's Free Music Marketing Tips by Email. Find out more.
What About Bob?
Bob Baker is an author, speaker, teacher, indie musician and former music magazine editor dedicated to showing musicians of all kinds how to get exposure, connect with fans, sell more music, and increase their incomes.
Guerrilla Music Marketing Online
129 Free & Low-Cost Ways to Promote & Sell Your Music on the Internet
Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook:
201 Self-Promotion Ideas for Song-
writers, Musicians and Bands on a Budget
- Killer Music Press Kits
- Guerrilla Music Marketing, Encore Edition
- Killer Music Web Sites
- DIY Music Marketing for the Serious Musician
- How to Tap Into NACA and the Lucrative College Music Market
- Online Music PR Hot List
- How to Use Video to Promote Your Music Online
- 55 Ways to Promote & Sell Your Book on the Internet
- How to Publish Your Own Indie Book
- Unleash the Artist Within
Connect with Bob on
- Hollywood Launch a New Music Release
- How to Thrive With Music in a Down Economy
- What Are Your Top 3 Things?
- You Can Prosper With Your Music - Even in This Eco...
- Guerrilla Marketing on the Front Lines
- Using Google as a Marketing Tool
- Best Way to Promote Music on a Budget
- How to Learn More About the Music Biz
- The Art of Simple Music Web Design
- My Best Music Success Advice
Favorite Music Blogs
- DIY Musician
- Music Think Tank
- David Hooper
- Ariel Hyatt
- Derek Sivers
- Brian Thompson
- Michael Brandvold
- Artists House Music
- Bob Lefsetz
Copyright 2004-2013 Bob Baker