Bob Baker's The Buzz Factor
Music marketing tips and self-promotion ideas for independent songwriters, musicians and bands.
Music marketing ideas for DIY artists, managers, promoters and music biz pros
November 14, 2008
7 Must-See Links for Indie Artists & Music Promoters
100 Free and Affordable Music Promotion Tips from Hypebot - that's a lotta tips!
360 Music Deals Become Mandatory As Labels Prepare For Free Music, from TechCrunch.
Ariel Hyatt on how Twitter is changing the way musicians build community online.
Does 'Going Pro' Squeeze the Joy Out of Your Passion? Great post from Christine Kane.
Branding 101: How to Promote Your Blog Like the Big Guys Do - from Leo Babauta's Write to Done blog
Steve Rubel makes a great point with The End of Tangible Media is Clearly in Sight. You better be embracing digital delivery formats, or else ...
Great post from Darren at Problogger on 8 reasons to combine an email newsletter with your blog. I do it. It works.
P.S. I'm still looking for your top music marketing question. I'll answer it on a live call Nov 19. Submit your question and get the access code here.
P.P.S. I'm seriously thinking of doing 2009 marketing plan workshops in LA and San Fran the 1st of the year. Got any ideas for venues? Get more tips like these when you subscribe to my free Buzz Factor ezine — the longest running music career tips email newsletter on the planet. Since 1995. Learn more about the free subscription here.
Your email address will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Connect with Bob on Google+
FREE Music Tips Ezine
- Get Bob's Free Music Marketing Tips by Email. Find out more.
What About Bob?
Bob Baker is an author, speaker, teacher, indie musician and former music magazine editor dedicated to showing musicians of all kinds how to get exposure, connect with fans, sell more music, and increase their incomes.
Guerrilla Music Marketing Online
129 Free & Low-Cost Ways to Promote & Sell Your Music on the Internet
Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook:
201 Self-Promotion Ideas for Song-
writers, Musicians and Bands on a Budget
- Killer Music Press Kits
- Guerrilla Music Marketing, Encore Edition
- Killer Music Web Sites
- DIY Music Marketing for the Serious Musician
- How to Tap Into NACA and the Lucrative College Music Market
- Online Music PR Hot List
- How to Use Video to Promote Your Music Online
- 55 Ways to Promote & Sell Your Book on the Internet
- How to Publish Your Own Indie Book
- Unleash the Artist Within
Connect with Bob on
- Music Promotion Link Love Train
- THIS Could Happen If You Don't Vote TODAY
- Holiday Music Marketing Ideas
- Send Me Your Top Music Marketing Question
- Music Press Kit Essentials: The Positive Quotes Pa...
- Will I See You Oct 27 in St. Louis?
- The Do-It-Yourself Music Interview
- Sell a Lot More Music & Merch for $7
- Hollywood Launch a New Music Release
- How to Thrive With Music in a Down Economy
Favorite Music Blogs
- DIY Musician
- Music Think Tank
- David Hooper
- Ariel Hyatt
- Derek Sivers
- Brian Thompson
- Michael Brandvold
- Artists House Music
- Bob Lefsetz
Copyright 2004-2013 Bob Baker