Bob Baker's The Buzz Factor
Music marketing tips and self-promotion ideas for independent songwriters, musicians and bands.
Music marketing ideas for DIY artists, managers, promoters and music biz pros
December 02, 2008
The Road Hammers Nail Their Web Site Design
A band that serves a niche audience like this is interesting enough. But what really impressed me was The Road Hammers' web site. It has so many great elements, including ...
- Simple, clear, one-word site navigation links right under the banner at the top.
- Tasteful use of Flash-based elements within the page, such as the top banner and the video player further down the page. (Note: Too many music sites abuse Flash.)
- The "Submit Your Own" fan photos section. Nice interactive touch!
- An email list sign-up form near the top of the page
- Clear sections for the band's latest blog posts, news, and tour dates.
- And short spoken word audio clips that sound like a trucker speaking over a CB radio.
Overall, a great home on the Web for a band that cleverly stands for something. Visit The Road Hammers' site and see for yourself.
P.S. Want more music web site design tips? Check out the brand new Killer Music Web Sites special report and audio. On it I critique 19 artist and record label web sites and point out in detail what's working, what isn't working, and what needs to be changed. Don't promote yourself online without these music web site design essentials. Get more tips like these when you subscribe to my free Buzz Factor ezine — the longest running music career tips email newsletter on the planet. Since 1995. Learn more about the free subscription here.
Your email address will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Connect with Bob on Google+
FREE Music Tips Ezine
- Get Bob's Free Music Marketing Tips by Email. Find out more.
What About Bob?
Bob Baker is an author, speaker, teacher, indie musician and former music magazine editor dedicated to showing musicians of all kinds how to get exposure, connect with fans, sell more music, and increase their incomes.
Guerrilla Music Marketing Online
129 Free & Low-Cost Ways to Promote & Sell Your Music on the Internet
Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook:
201 Self-Promotion Ideas for Song-
writers, Musicians and Bands on a Budget
- Killer Music Press Kits
- Guerrilla Music Marketing, Encore Edition
- Killer Music Web Sites
- DIY Music Marketing for the Serious Musician
- How to Tap Into NACA and the Lucrative College Music Market
- Online Music PR Hot List
- How to Use Video to Promote Your Music Online
- 55 Ways to Promote & Sell Your Book on the Internet
- How to Publish Your Own Indie Book
- Unleash the Artist Within
Connect with Bob on
- Recalibrate Your Music Career
- Is Your Music Web Site Doing More Harm Than Good?
- 7 Must-See Links for Indie Artists & Music Promote...
- Music Promotion Link Love Train
- THIS Could Happen If You Don't Vote TODAY
- Holiday Music Marketing Ideas
- Send Me Your Top Music Marketing Question
- Music Press Kit Essentials: The Positive Quotes Pa...
- Will I See You Oct 27 in St. Louis?
- The Do-It-Yourself Music Interview
Favorite Music Blogs
- DIY Musician
- Music Think Tank
- David Hooper
- Ariel Hyatt
- Derek Sivers
- Brian Thompson
- Michael Brandvold
- Artists House Music
- Bob Lefsetz
Copyright 2004-2013 Bob Baker