Bob Baker's The Buzz Factor
Music marketing tips and self-promotion ideas for independent songwriters, musicians and bands.
Music marketing ideas for DIY artists, managers, promoters and music biz pros
March 25, 2009
Criticism & Bad Reviews: How to Deal With Rejection
He was obviously upset about what this critic had written, but it was also clear that he is often tortured anytime someone is critical of his work.
Luckily, I got over the "what people think of me" curse many years ago. But this email served to remind me that many creative people are operating with ultra sensitive natures and fragile egos.
I am writing an article on how to deal with rejection and overcome this unproductive reaction to other people's opinions. I plan to post it here soon ...
But I want your help!
Give me your thoughts on criticism, bad reviews, and how you deal with personal and creative rejection.
How have you overcome this stinging sensitivity? What have you done to break free?
Post your comments below. I'll use some of the best comments and attribute whoever I quote.
Thanks for your help!
Get more tips like these when you subscribe to my free Buzz Factor ezine — the longest running music career tips email newsletter on the planet. Since 1995. Learn more about the free subscription here.
Your email address will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Connect with Bob on Google+
FREE Music Tips Ezine
- Get Bob's Free Music Marketing Tips by Email. Find out more.
What About Bob?
Bob Baker is an author, speaker, teacher, indie musician and former music magazine editor dedicated to showing musicians of all kinds how to get exposure, connect with fans, sell more music, and increase their incomes.
Guerrilla Music Marketing Online
129 Free & Low-Cost Ways to Promote & Sell Your Music on the Internet
Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook:
201 Self-Promotion Ideas for Song-
writers, Musicians and Bands on a Budget
- Killer Music Press Kits
- Guerrilla Music Marketing, Encore Edition
- Killer Music Web Sites
- DIY Music Marketing for the Serious Musician
- How to Tap Into NACA and the Lucrative College Music Market
- Online Music PR Hot List
- How to Use Video to Promote Your Music Online
- 55 Ways to Promote & Sell Your Book on the Internet
- How to Publish Your Own Indie Book
- Unleash the Artist Within
Connect with Bob on
- New Survey Reveals Most Working Musicians Not Adve...
- 9 Fan-Funding & Donation Sites to Raise Money for ...
- Now Live: Twitter Music Promotion & Marketing Guid...
- Free Music Promotion Resource Launches March 4 at ...
- Social Networking & the TGIF Word Play Challenge
- How Is the Economy Affecting Your Music Career?
- Music Web Site Design Tips & Re-Branding Yourself
- The Facebook Terms of Service Uproar
- Elizabeth Gilbert on Creative Genius
- Indie Artists Get Grammy Award Nominations & Wins
Favorite Music Blogs
- DIY Musician
- Music Think Tank
- David Hooper
- Ariel Hyatt
- Derek Sivers
- Brian Thompson
- Michael Brandvold
- Artists House Music
- Bob Lefsetz
Copyright 2004-2013 Bob Baker