Bob Baker's The Buzz Factor
Music marketing tips and self-promotion ideas for independent songwriters, musicians and bands.
Music marketing ideas for DIY artists, managers, promoters and music biz pros
April 07, 2009
Want to See Your Name in My Next Book?
But I did it in a very unusual way. Some might even call it "revolutionary."
See what I'm talking about at www.IndieBookPromotion.com.
Actually, I borrowed this idea from a familiar source: the indie music world. As I wrote about recently in my fan funding and donation sites post, many bands over the years have turned to their fans for help. They pre-sell a new CD before it's even recorded. And they give the fans who support them early on a lot of perks, like free downloads of early song demos, their names in the CD sleeve credits, etc.
I'm doing something very similar with this next book, which will be my 7th published paperback -- and my very first title specifically geared for authors and book publishers. (A survey a few years ago showed that 8 out of 10 people want to publish a book at some point in their life. Are you one of them?)
So I invite you to be part of this unconventional book launch. You'll get your name and web address in the printed book, along with lots of other goodies. See all the details at www.IndieBookPromotion.com.
Yes, this isn't your typical book publishing formula. Then again, I'm not your typical author :-)
I encourage you to think outside the octagon as you build your own music (or book) career too.
Check out Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook, the classic guide to indie music promotion. Now revised and updated, with four new chapters on Internet and Web 2.0 music marketing. Get more tips like these when you subscribe to my free Buzz Factor ezine — the longest running music career tips email newsletter on the planet. Since 1995. Learn more about the free subscription here.
Your email address will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Connect with Bob on Google+
FREE Music Tips Ezine
- Get Bob's Free Music Marketing Tips by Email. Find out more.
What About Bob?
Bob Baker is an author, speaker, teacher, indie musician and former music magazine editor dedicated to showing musicians of all kinds how to get exposure, connect with fans, sell more music, and increase their incomes.
Guerrilla Music Marketing Online
129 Free & Low-Cost Ways to Promote & Sell Your Music on the Internet
Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook:
201 Self-Promotion Ideas for Song-
writers, Musicians and Bands on a Budget
- Killer Music Press Kits
- Guerrilla Music Marketing, Encore Edition
- Killer Music Web Sites
- DIY Music Marketing for the Serious Musician
- How to Tap Into NACA and the Lucrative College Music Market
- Online Music PR Hot List
- How to Use Video to Promote Your Music Online
- 55 Ways to Promote & Sell Your Book on the Internet
- How to Publish Your Own Indie Book
- Unleash the Artist Within
Connect with Bob on
- Criticism & Bad Reviews: How to Deal With Rejectio...
- New Survey Reveals Most Working Musicians Not Adve...
- 9 Fan-Funding & Donation Sites to Raise Money for ...
- Now Live: Twitter Music Promotion & Marketing Guid...
- Free Music Promotion Resource Launches March 4 at ...
- Social Networking & the TGIF Word Play Challenge
- How Is the Economy Affecting Your Music Career?
- Music Web Site Design Tips & Re-Branding Yourself
- The Facebook Terms of Service Uproar
- Elizabeth Gilbert on Creative Genius
Favorite Music Blogs
- DIY Musician
- Music Think Tank
- David Hooper
- Ariel Hyatt
- Derek Sivers
- Brian Thompson
- Michael Brandvold
- Artists House Music
- Bob Lefsetz
Copyright 2004-2013 Bob Baker