Bob Baker's The Buzz Factor
Music marketing tips and self-promotion ideas for independent songwriters, musicians and bands.
Music marketing ideas for DIY artists, managers, promoters and music biz pros
August 13, 2009
The Smoothie King Guide to Music Marketing
"It [this post] actually made me think of my local Smoothie King. I spend at least 150 dollars a month on 40 oz. Peanut Power Plus smoothies (which, by the way, you have to try -- peanut butter, honey, bananas, strawberries ...) I think I'm an ideal fan.
"But the owners of the Smoothie King wouldn't know if I was (since they don't keep track of who their customers are, much less the ones who are most loyal); I get the same punch cards everyone else does.
"For an artist, it's crucial to know who your fans are, and who your best fans are -- the ones who represent the highest returns (in revenue, in word-of-mouth, etc.).
"It's hard to measurably improve what you aren't already measuring."
Thanks, Will. So true.
I was going to edit out the comments above where he raved about the Peanut Power Plus smoothie. But I quickly decided to leave it in. Why? Because it demonstrates the power of an Ideal Fan.
Not only does Will spend a good chunk of change at the shop every month. But he also raves about it and inspires more customers to come on board.
And that's what YOUR ideal fans do too. But do you know who they are?
If you have identified them, what are you doing to send them some extra love?
Have you thanked them, or given them extra bonus material or special perks, or encouraged them to spread the word even more?
If not, you should be!
New Indie Music Confidential Reports and Teleclasses
Then this collection of indie music marketing resources is for you. Includes:
- 10 Ways to Sell More Music and Book More Gigs
- How to Create Buzz and Stimulate Word-of-Mouth Marketing
- The Simple 4-Step Formula to Stand Out in a Crowded Music Marketplace
- 30 Goal-Setting and Productivity Tips for Working Musicians, Promoters and Managers
- And More!
Your email address will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Connect with Bob on Google+
FREE Music Tips Ezine
- Get Bob's Free Music Marketing Tips by Email. Find out more.
What About Bob?
Bob Baker is an author, speaker, teacher, indie musician and former music magazine editor dedicated to showing musicians of all kinds how to get exposure, connect with fans, sell more music, and increase their incomes.
Guerrilla Music Marketing Online
129 Free & Low-Cost Ways to Promote & Sell Your Music on the Internet
Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook:
201 Self-Promotion Ideas for Song-
writers, Musicians and Bands on a Budget
- Killer Music Press Kits
- Guerrilla Music Marketing, Encore Edition
- Killer Music Web Sites
- DIY Music Marketing for the Serious Musician
- How to Tap Into NACA and the Lucrative College Music Market
- Online Music PR Hot List
- How to Use Video to Promote Your Music Online
- 55 Ways to Promote & Sell Your Book on the Internet
- How to Publish Your Own Indie Book
- Unleash the Artist Within
Connect with Bob on
- Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook Sampler
- Fringe Fans Fallout and Followup
- 14 Incredibly Helpful Music Links for Indie Artist...
- Michael Jackson: 3 Thoughts About the King of Pop
- The True Meaning of Independence
- Fringe Fans: They're Really Not That Into You
- The Future of Digital Music for Indie Artists
- Prices Slashed On 3 Awesome Music Resources
- The Groundhog Day Music Success Method
- How to Promote Children's Music
Favorite Music Blogs
- DIY Musician
- Music Think Tank
- David Hooper
- Ariel Hyatt
- Derek Sivers
- Brian Thompson
- Michael Brandvold
- Artists House Music
- Bob Lefsetz
Copyright 2004-2013 Bob Baker