Bob Baker's The Buzz Factor
Music marketing tips and self-promotion ideas for independent songwriters, musicians and bands.
Music marketing ideas for DIY artists, managers, promoters and music biz pros
September 25, 2009
12 Most Popular Musicians on Twitter & What You Can Learn From Them
I can hear you now ... "You call some of these people 'musicians'?" I'm simply reporting the rankings of Twitter people known for their music-related activities here. I make no judgements as to the value of what they offer.
As you can see from the list, old school pop stars are in abundance. They still have the biggest platforms.
You may not get to a million followers on Twitter, but ... you CAN take a look at how these celebrities are using the service and learn from them -- both what to do and what NOT to do.
So take a peek at the various Twitter streams below and see what ideas you can borrow and use to connect with your fans -- regardless of how many of them there are right now.
1) Britney Spears
2) John Mayer
4) Miley Cyrus
6) Ashley Tisdale
7) 50 Cent
8) Mariah Carey
9) Ashlee Simpson Wentz
11) Pete Wentz
12) Lily Allen
Note: Some acts that fell just short of making this list include MC Hammer, Sara Bareilles, Mandy Moore, and Taylor Swift.
Also check out this ridiculously comprehensive list of Artists Using Twitter.
70 Ways to Promote & Sell
Your Music on the Internet
Ideas, links, tips, tricks and resources you should be using to gain wider exposure for your music online
Learn More or Order Now Get more tips like these when you subscribe to my free Buzz Factor ezine — the longest running music career tips email newsletter on the planet. Since 1995. Learn more about the free subscription here.
Your email address will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Connect with Bob on Google+
FREE Music Tips Ezine
- Get Bob's Free Music Marketing Tips by Email. Find out more.
What About Bob?
Bob Baker is an author, speaker, teacher, indie musician and former music magazine editor dedicated to showing musicians of all kinds how to get exposure, connect with fans, sell more music, and increase their incomes.
Guerrilla Music Marketing Online
129 Free & Low-Cost Ways to Promote & Sell Your Music on the Internet
Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook:
201 Self-Promotion Ideas for Song-
writers, Musicians and Bands on a Budget
- Killer Music Press Kits
- Guerrilla Music Marketing, Encore Edition
- Killer Music Web Sites
- DIY Music Marketing for the Serious Musician
- How to Tap Into NACA and the Lucrative College Music Market
- Online Music PR Hot List
- How to Use Video to Promote Your Music Online
- 55 Ways to Promote & Sell Your Book on the Internet
- How to Publish Your Own Indie Book
- Unleash the Artist Within
Connect with Bob on
- Is Your Music 'Findable' Online?
- Get an Earful of Ideas & Inspiration
- 5 Ways Google Can Help Promote Your Music
- The Best Online Music Marketing Plan Ever
- Reader Q&A: Does an Artist Really Need to Be on EV...
- The Beatles: A Historic Day
- The Smoothie King Guide to Music Marketing
- Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook Sampler
- Fringe Fans Fallout and Followup
- 14 Incredibly Helpful Music Links for Indie Artist...
Favorite Music Blogs
- DIY Musician
- Music Think Tank
- David Hooper
- Ariel Hyatt
- Derek Sivers
- Brian Thompson
- Michael Brandvold
- Artists House Music
- Bob Lefsetz
Copyright 2004-2013 Bob Baker