Bob Baker's The Buzz Factor
Music marketing tips and self-promotion ideas for independent songwriters, musicians and bands.
Music marketing ideas for DIY artists, managers, promoters and music biz pros
September 03, 2009
The Best Online Music Marketing Plan Ever
There's no shortage of ideas, web sites or tools you can use. That's not the problem. The most common frustration I hear relates to confusion over how to manage a limited amount of time, money and energy.
Where should you start? What should your priorities be? What steps can you take to make the best use of your time?
For years I've been cranking out truckloads of ideas, tips, suggestions, success stories, and more. But what's been missing is a road map. A blueprint. A step-by-step checklist that any musician can follow and implement right away.
That's why I've started outlining a new resource called "Internet Music Marketing Blueprint - The 28-Day Plan: A Step-by-Step Guide to Using Web 2.0 and Social Media Promotion to Turbo-Charge Your Music Career."
Yes, that's a mouthful. But it accurately describes what I want this resource to deliver -- a specific to-do list for online promotion.
I already know most of want I want to include in this detailed blueprint. But to make it the best marketing plan possible, I invite your suggestions.
So tell me ...
- What specific Daily, Weekly and Monthly tasks do you think need to be included in a plan like this?
- What routines and habits have you personally developed to be most effective with Web 2.0 and Social Media promotion?
- What specific things would you like to see addressed in a comprehensive online marketing plan?
I appreciate your input and will keep you posted as I develop this exciting new resource.
Killer Music Web Sites by Bob Baker
Build and Design a Music Web Site That Attracts Fans, Sells Your Music, and Builds Your Music Career.
Learn More or Order Now Get more tips like these when you subscribe to my free Buzz Factor ezine — the longest running music career tips email newsletter on the planet. Since 1995. Learn more about the free subscription here.
Your email address will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Connect with Bob on Google+
FREE Music Tips Ezine
- Get Bob's Free Music Marketing Tips by Email. Find out more.
What About Bob?
Bob Baker is an author, speaker, teacher, indie musician and former music magazine editor dedicated to showing musicians of all kinds how to get exposure, connect with fans, sell more music, and increase their incomes.
Guerrilla Music Marketing Online
129 Free & Low-Cost Ways to Promote & Sell Your Music on the Internet
Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook:
201 Self-Promotion Ideas for Song-
writers, Musicians and Bands on a Budget
- Killer Music Press Kits
- Guerrilla Music Marketing, Encore Edition
- Killer Music Web Sites
- DIY Music Marketing for the Serious Musician
- How to Tap Into NACA and the Lucrative College Music Market
- Online Music PR Hot List
- How to Use Video to Promote Your Music Online
- 55 Ways to Promote & Sell Your Book on the Internet
- How to Publish Your Own Indie Book
- Unleash the Artist Within
Connect with Bob on
- Reader Q&A: Does an Artist Really Need to Be on EV...
- The Beatles: A Historic Day
- The Smoothie King Guide to Music Marketing
- Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook Sampler
- Fringe Fans Fallout and Followup
- 14 Incredibly Helpful Music Links for Indie Artist...
- Michael Jackson: 3 Thoughts About the King of Pop
- The True Meaning of Independence
- Fringe Fans: They're Really Not That Into You
- The Future of Digital Music for Indie Artists
Favorite Music Blogs
- DIY Musician
- Music Think Tank
- David Hooper
- Ariel Hyatt
- Derek Sivers
- Brian Thompson
- Michael Brandvold
- Artists House Music
- Bob Lefsetz
Copyright 2004-2013 Bob Baker