Bob Baker's The Buzz Factor
Music marketing tips and self-promotion ideas for independent songwriters, musicians and bands.
Music marketing ideas for DIY artists, managers, promoters and music biz pros
September 21, 2009
Is Your Music 'Findable' Online?
From the book:
"A whopping 92% of respondents said they had more confidence in information they seek out online than anything coming from a salesclerk or other source. They believe the information they find, not the information that is spoon-fed to them ..."
Consider that again: Smart consumers these days trust what they find -- or discover -- on their own first and foremost!
Another passage from Microtrends:
"An astonishing 70% of Americans now say they consult product reviews or consumer ratings before they make their buying decisions."
Admit it, you often do this yourself before spending money on a product or service. Which begs the question ...
How 'Findable' Are You Online?
When someone searches for your band name, your song or album titles, or your genre ... what do they discover?
Here are just some of the ways savvy customers find the info they're looking for today:
- Google (or Yahoo or Bing) search results
- How other music lovers rate it on CD Baby, TheSixtyOne and Amazon
- What they find via Google Blog Search or on Technorati
- What other shoppers are saying on photo- and video-sharing sites like Flickr and YouTube
- What their immediate circle of friends think about it on Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, LinkedIn, and more.
- What they uncover on music wikis and other online forums
Your mission: Go forth and make yourself and your music findable!
Internet Music Marketing Crash Course CD
Are you confused about Internet promotion? Not sure where to start? You'll have a clear vision and a solid game plan once you digest this amazing collection of resources. Find out more ... Get more tips like these when you subscribe to my free Buzz Factor ezine — the longest running music career tips email newsletter on the planet. Since 1995. Learn more about the free subscription here.
Your email address will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Connect with Bob on Google+
FREE Music Tips Ezine
- Get Bob's Free Music Marketing Tips by Email. Find out more.
What About Bob?
Bob Baker is an author, speaker, teacher, indie musician and former music magazine editor dedicated to showing musicians of all kinds how to get exposure, connect with fans, sell more music, and increase their incomes.
Guerrilla Music Marketing Online
129 Free & Low-Cost Ways to Promote & Sell Your Music on the Internet
Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook:
201 Self-Promotion Ideas for Song-
writers, Musicians and Bands on a Budget
- Killer Music Press Kits
- Guerrilla Music Marketing, Encore Edition
- Killer Music Web Sites
- DIY Music Marketing for the Serious Musician
- How to Tap Into NACA and the Lucrative College Music Market
- Online Music PR Hot List
- How to Use Video to Promote Your Music Online
- 55 Ways to Promote & Sell Your Book on the Internet
- How to Publish Your Own Indie Book
- Unleash the Artist Within
Connect with Bob on
- Get an Earful of Ideas & Inspiration
- 5 Ways Google Can Help Promote Your Music
- The Best Online Music Marketing Plan Ever
- Reader Q&A: Does an Artist Really Need to Be on EV...
- The Beatles: A Historic Day
- The Smoothie King Guide to Music Marketing
- Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook Sampler
- Fringe Fans Fallout and Followup
- 14 Incredibly Helpful Music Links for Indie Artist...
- Michael Jackson: 3 Thoughts About the King of Pop
Favorite Music Blogs
- DIY Musician
- Music Think Tank
- David Hooper
- Ariel Hyatt
- Derek Sivers
- Brian Thompson
- Michael Brandvold
- Artists House Music
- Bob Lefsetz
Copyright 2004-2013 Bob Baker