Bob Baker's The Buzz Factor
Music marketing tips and self-promotion ideas for independent songwriters, musicians and bands.
Music marketing ideas for DIY artists, managers, promoters and music biz pros
November 25, 2009
12 Keys to Building a Thriving Music Career
2) Understand the Real Key to Creative Success and Fulfillment
3) Treat Every Day Like You're Bill Murray in 'Groundhog Day'
4) Carve Out Your Slice of the Pie
5) Have Specific and Measurable Goals
6) Engage Your Fans and Get Personal
7) Question Everything You're Ever Been Told About the Music Business
8) Learn How to Deal With Criticism, Bad Reviews and Rejection
9) Define Your Musical Identity
10) Put Fringe Fans in Their Proper Place
11) Let Go of Your Need for Certainty
12) Have a Meaningful Purpose That Drives You
P.S. Get music marketing and career tips like these 3 or 4 times a months when you subscribe to my Buzz Factor Ezine. I've been publishing it since 1995. Thousands of indie artists and promoters from around the world get my latest ideas and resources nearly every week. Get yours too!
Go to this page and sign up now. Lots of useful, no-cost perks when you do. Details here. Get more tips like these when you subscribe to my free Buzz Factor ezine — the longest running music career tips email newsletter on the planet. Since 1995. Learn more about the free subscription here.
Your email address will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Connect with Bob on Google+
FREE Music Tips Ezine
- Get Bob's Free Music Marketing Tips by Email. Find out more.
What About Bob?
Bob Baker is an author, speaker, teacher, indie musician and former music magazine editor dedicated to showing musicians of all kinds how to get exposure, connect with fans, sell more music, and increase their incomes.
Guerrilla Music Marketing Online
129 Free & Low-Cost Ways to Promote & Sell Your Music on the Internet
Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook:
201 Self-Promotion Ideas for Song-
writers, Musicians and Bands on a Budget
- Killer Music Press Kits
- Guerrilla Music Marketing, Encore Edition
- Killer Music Web Sites
- DIY Music Marketing for the Serious Musician
- How to Tap Into NACA and the Lucrative College Music Market
- Online Music PR Hot List
- How to Use Video to Promote Your Music Online
- 55 Ways to Promote & Sell Your Book on the Internet
- How to Publish Your Own Indie Book
- Unleash the Artist Within
Connect with Bob on
- 7 Simple But Effective Steps to Reaching Your Musi...
- What Keeps You From Reaching Your Goals?
- 7 Ways to Destroy Your Music Career
- John Mayer, Augmented Reality, Music & You
- The Mike Doughty Guide to Interactive Live Shows
- Made-To-Stick Music Marketing
- 12 Most Popular Musicians on Twitter & What You Ca...
- Is Your Music 'Findable' Online?
- Get an Earful of Ideas & Inspiration
- 5 Ways Google Can Help Promote Your Music
Favorite Music Blogs
- DIY Musician
- Music Think Tank
- David Hooper
- Ariel Hyatt
- Derek Sivers
- Brian Thompson
- Michael Brandvold
- Artists House Music
- Bob Lefsetz
Copyright 2004-2013 Bob Baker